Server and network monitor

DouglasteR

Gawd
Hi there my friends !

I currently use isitup for monitoring my home server.

It have an very crude dashboard that shows my servers and network devices (green for alive and red for dead lol ).

But it's not very compatible with Win7 x64, so im in need of something that can be viewed from web and have a cool and functional dashboard to show the devices ! Can someone help :D ?

Nagios FTW!

CurrentNetworkStatus.png

Last edited:
Windows client !?

Bloody hell, keep your hat on! I assumed you ment the monitoring wasn't very compatible with 7. Anyway, just run Linux in a VM it only needs about 256MB of RAM to run Nagios (128MB at a push)

I don't know any free monitoring tools that run in windows other than maybe Solerwinds.

I assume we are talking a small number of servers here, maybe one?

Bloody hell, keep your hat on! I assumed you ment the monitoring wasn't very compatible with 7. Anyway, just run Linux in a VM it only needs about 256MB of RAM to run Nagios (128MB at a push)

I don't know any free monitoring tools that run in windows other than maybe Solerwinds.

I assume we are talking a small number of servers here, maybe one?

Sorry :D

5 pc's and about 30 network devices.

Last edited:
Spiceworks or Nagios would be my picks. I prefer Nagios, but Spiceworks is more open source.

+1 for Nagios, i use it at home to monitor everything ( windows as well with the nrpe client not sure if it works on 64 bit though) and at work we use it for ~600 routers and multiple servers

Don't bother with Zabbix unless you feel like writing a custom SNMP monitor for every device on your network that isn't a Cisco switch. I got hooked into that and now I regret it.

nagios is a great monitoring/alerting app, and cacti is a good trending app, they work very well together, which is how I use it.

Back