Server 2008 Datacenter install on Sun x4150

Sayth

Gawd
Going on my 11th hour of trying to get this to work. This is x64 by the way. Needs to be 64 bit.

I've tried the Sun Installation Assistant, I've tried right from the Server 2008 DVD, and Server 2008 R2 DVD, nothing works.

Most common point of failure: Copying, Expanding and Installing features/updates completes, server restarts, immediately after restart I get the "Clock Interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" BSOD.

Before this error the Server would simply lock up before it finished expanding files so I updated the BIOS and ILOM to the latest versions and now I'm stuck again with the above error.

Am I missing something? I have tried loading RAID drivers from my updated Tools and Drivers CD and from a floppy even though it only finds the LSI RAID card that isn't even in use. My RAID config is Adaptec mirrored 2x 73Gb SAS drives. According to all documentation, no drivers are even NEEDED for Server 2008.

Called Sun support but they can't get back to me until tomorrow morning. I kind of need this fixed now though.

Thanks in advanced !

Last edited:
Back