Server 2003 rdp/iis hacked

Keep searching.......

I'm waiting....

Maybe not.... :p

Do you have rdp turned off? if not how are you blocking acces, becuase if i rerember correctly you are using windows server 2003 EE?

recognise this ip

Recognise this screen?

omgem0.jpg

inetnum: 82.47.216.0 - 82.47.217.255
netname: BROADBANDAUDIT
descr: BROADBAND BRAD UBR06SHEF
admin-c: TWIP1-RIPE
tech-c: TWIP3-RIPE
mnt-by: AS5462-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

role: Telewest Broadband IP Network Services
address: Genesis Business Park
address: Albert Drive
address: Woking
address: Surrey UK
address: GU21 5RW
address:
remarks: To report abuse:
remarks: file an online case @ http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/
e-mail: [email protected]
admin-c: JH15424-RIPE
tech-c: AH15306-RIPE
tech-c: DS15504-RIPE
tech-c: KJ2418-RIPE
tech-c: SA3620-RIPE
tech-c: SB5110-RIPE
tech-c: SL3595-RIPE
nic-hdl: TWIP1-RIPE

role: Telewest Broadband NCMC
address: Communications House
address: Mayfair Business Park
address: Broad Lane
address: Bradford
address: BD4 8PW
e-mail: [email protected]
admin-c: DL2891-RIPE
admin-c: SR10413-RIPE
tech-c: JH15424-RIPE
tech-c: DW145-RIPE
tech-c: MR257-RIPE
nic-hdl: TWIP3-RIPE
mnt-by: as5462-mnt

% Information related to '82.32.0.0/12AS5462'

route: 82.32.0.0/12
descr: Telewest Broadband
descr: UK Broadband ISP
origin: AS5462
remarks: report abuse to www.virginmedia.com/netreport +44(0)1633 710142

Because of the robo uploader :p. Wel if you realy want to get onto the ui to watch redhat download...

Shh :p damm posting off this 6230i grr. Yes wel my asian version of redhat is nearly done:p

I meen gaining anything usefull, its a server on a residential ip address that contains nothing usefull, some people must amuse themself by this.

shade_star what would be the best way to say lock out the account for 30 mins after 5 unsucsessful logins?

Here is the problem with the "There is nothing on my computer a hacker would want" defense.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3672

Disable the local "administrator" account. Change it to something un-administratory, like Larry, or Bob. Set lockout policies, and make SURE you are using complex passwords: uppercase, lowercase, letters, numbers, and symbols.

Disable the local "administrator" account. Change it to something un-administratory, like Larry, or Bob. Set lockout policies, and make SURE you are using complex passwords: uppercase, lowercase, letters, numbers, and symbols.

Would i be able to get away with simply re naming the administrator account to somthing else?

On a test server...

Yes, there are still things they could do on a test server. DDoS, crack passwords, a IRC bot drone, or use it as a proxy to exploit trust relationships and attack other computers on your internal network are a few of them. Not to mention, they wouldn't of known it was just a test server when they were breaking into it.

Good thing to do is always have a list of your passwords somewhere.

Not the most secure thing, but the ONLY person who has a list of the passwords other than myself (IT Manager) is the President of the company, in a safe.
He doesn't use them, it is just a "disaster-day recovery" fallback type deal. If I die in a car wreck or something- they have the information they need to hire someone else to take over.
It isn't job security. Having the "keys" to the house doesn't mean you have the layout and intricate details ;)

First thind DoD told me; Never write down passwords. Anywhere.

So this assumes you have plenty of folks that know the password then?

Especially for a big organization (like the government), you need someone else to know. If that person quits, dies, or becomes hostile- you are screwed.

So this assumes you have plenty of folks that know the password then?

Especially for a big organization (like the government), you need someone else to know. If that person quits, dies, or becomes hostile- you are screwed.

Just my FSO. At least as far as the important ones go anyway.

If that person became hostile, we would have a large problem. ;)

I worked for some large compaines where either I was the only person who had the passwords (in my head) or the passwords for the serves where the same right through the company (world wide!)

Right now I have setup a network and in the safe there is a list of my paswords and a run through how what I have done, how the system works etc with plans. Its sealed and is checked by me (and signed by me) every week to make sure no one has opened it.

If I die or get hit on the head and forget who I am they will still havethe passwords and info they need.

I normally write my passwords in a random place like underneath my desk or somthing.

ring.of.steel said:
I normally write my passwords in a random place like underneath my desk or somthing.

Ahhh. UNDER the desk. No wonder I couldn't find them... :cool: :D.

well i dont often change my desk so they arnt going anywhere :p

Back