server 2003 cluster

oakfan52

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 2 node cluster on server 2003. I am running a virtual print server on NodeA and a Virtual File server on NodeB. The problem is when either Node goes down and the cluster resource fails over to the other node both virtual servers are running on the same Node. They both work fine except when i browse to the virtual print server \\printsrv1 i not only see the shared printers but I also see the shared folders for the virtual file server. Is there a way to make the virtual server only show resources for its Resource group?

We use many server clusters. Typically they are active/passive. Sounds like your are active/active. What I dont' quite understand is why you wouldn't want failed over resources available. Maybe I am just misunderstanding your narrative but that is what clusters are for.

I want the users to only see the resources for the virtual server they are accessing. so only see printers when they access \\printserver or only see shares when they access \\fileserver. I don't want all resources to show up that are running on that node when you access any of the cluster virtual servers.

Yea, I don't see that happening either. Once the failover happens both virtual servers are actually running on the same machine. So, they are different names, address, etc but both on the one server publishing both of the virtual servers resources. Wouldn't you be better off to just go active/passive if one server can handle both?

Back