Server 03 x64 woes....

ClariorHincHonos

[H]ard|Gawd
Need some help guys and gals.

We have some new hardware at work and need to install SVR03 x64 R2. Well-to avoid all that floppy mess we've been using nLite. Well, I ran into an issue with the install that took a while to figure out. Basically while loading the controller drivers it had an issue with symmpi.sys not being x64 compatible. After some research on the nLite forums it looked like there were some old symmpi.sys files in the default package-so using nLite I removed them. This cleared up the error and allowed me to install the OS. Once installed I tried to run the second disk (which it never prompted me for, which I thought was odd). It asked me for a key, so I enter the same one I used for the installation-it tells me it isn't valid. I tried using the activation tool to change the key-restart, try again, and still have the same issue. I'm sure I could install SP2 and all of that...but I'm worried about the key issue. Any thoughts/suggestions/known fixes? Is this an issue with nLite?

There is a seperate key for R2, because you were supposed to buy it :) If you did better look around and find that key.

The first R2 CD is just a regular windows 2003 CD the second cd is actually the R2 features which requires a specific R2 serial number.

Back