Seriously Sammiest 4 Yet - Pre-Alpha Gameplay

anyone know who/what that song is? Reminded me of Drowning man from the still loves you album.

I am sure it will be fun, but I am not liking the "realistic" look the world has. I liked it better when it was a bit more outlandish.

I'm one of the ones that's on the fence with wave shooters. I didn't mind how they were implemented in Doom 2016 for example, but I generally prefer a more natural flow. (like say the horror pace of Doom 3 for example) That video, while a tiny bit washed out, looks great though. Especially pre-alpha. They seemed to have managed making realistic terrain and vegetation for one. It doesn't look copy/pasted like some games. I think they need to work on the monsters a bit more, more blood effects, etc. but not a bad start.

I get that its pre-alpha, but it really looks like it would be boring after about an hour. (I know serious sam is sacred stuff around here, but this just looks overly generic right now).

Looks great. I'm hoping it's more shooting like the originals and less getting lost like SS3.

I've enjoyed playing the first two for years now when I'm stressed out and just want to play a game that's all shooting and no thinking at all. Now I generally fire up CS:GO and deathmatch against 20 bots on days like that.

Serious Sam was always fun at LAN parties.
Haven't played it since I moved away. Now that I'm back though, I think I'll hunt my old friends down for a few LAN parties.

degree of originality in this game is 0, they cannot reboot the game with something this generic.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and I get that this is early test footage, but I was promised legions of enemies to kill...

I'm a huge fan of the series, and I get that this is early test footage, but I was promised legions of enemies to kill...

You apparently missed the article that states they are aiming to have 100,000 rendered enemies on screen at one time. Says they're making progress and almost there.

I am sure it will be fun, but I am not liking the "realistic" look the world has. I liked it better when it was a bit more outlandish.

I was going to comment the exact opposite. I love this new look the world has. I don't think anything could beat the ancient Egypt ones, though. This one just looks cool. Maybe not for a SS one, but I'll wait for the final before judgment... I just like the look of it now.

I get that its pre-alpha, but it really looks like it would be boring after about an hour. (I know serious sam is sacred stuff around here, but this just looks overly generic right now).

Looks boring now, but SS has never disappointed. I'm sure there will be a hundred or more baddies coming at me screaming... AAAAAAAAHHH, Youself! I'd say wait for it to get out of Alpha and into a more complete state.

Some people hate SS, and I'm fine with that. I get shit for really disliking the Halo series. If you don't like it, that's fine. The way it's shown now, I'd get bored after an hour, too. :)

I coulda sworn Croteam teased that they were gonna show Serious Sam 4 stuff at E3 2018, but E3 came and went and I didn't see jack shit from Serious Sam 4, which was disappointing. Maybe Croteam was trolling us, or maybe I made up the whole thing in my head, I got no idea. In any case, I'm really looking forward to the 4th game. I enjoyed First Encounter, Second Encounter, Serious Sam 2, HD remasters of First and Second Encounter, and even SS3 (especially the re-balanced version that is included with Serious Sam Fusion). Now I play SS1 First and Second Encounter HD and SS3 in Serious Sam Fusion a decent amount. Loving the DX11, OpenGL, Vulkan and OpenAL support in Fusion. Serious Sam games are always a blast at LANParties. Still waiting for a game to continue where SS2 left off (since SS3 was a prequel). I heard a rumor that they want to do a remake/reboot of SS2 before they continue where the second game left off. With Croteam's dev cycle, who knows if we'll even live long enough to find out what they do next. I hope we get to play 4 soon. Can't wait to see how it turns out when it's done.

as long as this is more like Serious Sam FE and SE I will be happy. SS3 just didn't feel right.

you'd think but SS never gets old at least for me.

Think the AI needs tweaking when you get groups of bad guys swarming, a little too uniform.

I was going to comment the exact opposite. I love this new look the world has. I don't think anything could beat the ancient Egypt ones, though. This one just looks cool. Maybe not for a SS one, but I'll wait for the final before judgment... I just like the look of it now.

Looks boring now, but SS has never disappointed. I'm sure there will be a hundred or more baddies coming at me screaming... AAAAAAAAHHH, Youself! I'd say wait for it to get out of Alpha and into a more complete state.

Some people hate SS, and I'm fine with that. I get shit for really disliking the Halo series. If you don't like it, that's fine. The way it's shown now, I'd get bored after an hour, too. :)

To each their own I guess.

Back