Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Released today on Steam Early Access.

Game type: wave shooter

I'm torn on this one. It looks good but it really does seem to be a stock wave shooter through and through. For the price of Raw Data which has a lot more variety...eh.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Passing on it for now personally. It looks good though for a wave shooter, but I was never that big a fan of Serious Sam so I was not really looking forward to this one. Raw Data won me over via the free weekend pretty much after I found out there was some tower defense like additions to help you out that you could place before the wave started.

Fuck dis, I wantz Serious Sam 4. A real sequel to Serious Sam 2 would be nice (since 3 was a prequel).

How the hell do you move/strafe in VR? Is the game designed to shoot from a static position?

yeah you don't move but jump to new positions when you clear a section. its, as stated above, a wave shooter in VR.

I have never played with VR and I've been wondering if you can play VR titles without VR set? Simply on normal screen?

I have never played with VR and I've been wondering if you can play VR titles without VR set? Simply on normal screen?
You could if the developer put in the code to do it, but otherwise in most cases no since most require positional tracking of motion controllers or the headset to do anything.

Reactions: mat9v
like this
Serious Standing Sam! Get ready to stand in the middle of epic locations and shoot in a full 360 degrees! Get ready to watch NPCs run around you until you stand there and shoot them! Serious Standing Sam! 'Cause movement is overrated. And you'll puke.

Pretty sure this game is actually only 180 degrees.

One thing I will say is that the developer supposedly turned down a shit ton of money from Oculus to make it Rift exclusive, so that is pretty cool. I'm tempted to buy it just because of that.

Reactions: DPI
like this
You could if the developer put in the code to do it, but otherwise in most cases no since most require positional tracking of motion controllers or the headset to do anything.

That brings into question the head tracking units, I made my own and use FaceTrackNoIR. Would this work?

Was playing this over the weekend, had a lot of fun even though I suck at it. Yes, it's a dead simple wave shooter, but for people who enjoy the regular games it's still pretty great to be in the middle of typical SS hordes. And even more great to mow them all down with dual-wielded miniguns that you're waving around. And thanks to using the regular game assets it feels much more like a proper professional effort than things like Quivr (even though that's fun too in its own way). Looking forward to the stuff they're planning to add.

Back