Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem

I read a review along time ago the reviewer said these Serious Sam games make you numb.

its dlc? But this game is optimized like s**t. Drops all over the place on gpu usage on 1440P on ultra. I have 3090 and 10850K. I mean its playable but optimization meh

Must check CPU options , maybe must turn some to lower etc

its dlc? But this game is optimized like shit. Drops all over the place on gpu usage on 1440P on ultra. I have 3090 and 10850K. I mean its playable but optimization meh
Don't do it. This game is very demanding and will over heat your 3090 and it will catch fire then cause smoke damage to the rest of the PC. You will then have no choice but to pee on it.

Game runs great for me, it's super smooth at 4K Ultra.

However, it doesn't break any new ground so some may get bored with it. However, I remember buying the first Serious Sam twenty years ago and I still enjoys mindless shooters!

Patch 1.01 is live: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1792250/view/5309182906307264133

Siberian Mayhem 1.01 Changelog
  • Fixed a bug that was causing regular micro-stutters on some machines.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing Combat Drones to fly erratically and get stuck on geometry.
  • Optimized destructions (gibs) on certain enemies.
  • Optimized Octanian's rifle model.
  • Fixed a bug that caused new player models’ names to display incorrectly in the player model selection menu in some languages.
  • The “Healing Punch” skill healing amount has been manually adjusted for certain enemies.
  • Fixed the soft lock in the final battle of the fourth level (Roadside Picnic).
  • Fixed a number of other possible soft lock opportunities.
  • Various localization fixes across the board.

Just finished the fourth level and it has a distinctly "Shadow Warrior" vibe to it, even down to the music. Since Devolver Digital is responsible for both games, I believe this is intentional.

Also, if the new Shadow Warrior is anything like "Siberian Mayhem" it'll be a blast! There's something just so satisfying about mowing down hordes of enemies with massive firepower! :D

Just finished the fourth level and it has a distinctly "Shadow Warrior" vibe to it, even down to the music. Since Devolver Digital is responsible for both games, I believe this is intentional.

Also, if the new Shadow Warrior is anything like "Siberian Mayhem" it'll be a blast! There's something just so satisfying about mowing down hordes of enemies with massive firepower! :D
Absolutely! I agree about the SW influence.

This is what i've been craving! Could use some optimization, but damn, this is what serious sam is.

Don't do it. This game is very demanding and will over heat your 3090 and it will catch fire then cause smoke damage to the rest of the PC. You will then have no choice but to pee on it.
I hate when that happens

I'll wait for this one to go on more of a sale. SS4 was fun but I enjoyed 3 a little more overall. Though the hoards in 4 were much more fun to kill and play with.

Game is 20% off on Steam until May 16th. I beat this in one sitting lol. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it. It's a little short, but it's priced right in my opinion. Great game (y).

Game is 20% off on Steam until May 16th. I beat this in one sitting lol. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it. It's a little short, but it's priced right in my opinion. Great game (y).
I really enjoyed it as well, more so than even the full-length Serious Sam 4.

Reactions: t1k
like this
I really enjoyed it as well, more so than even the full-length Serious Sam 4.
I considered purchasing both games in the 2-pack deal, but most people seem to think this game is better than SS4, so I didn't bother. I'm looking forward to playing with the survival and co-op mode though and am excited for future games in the franchise. It makes me happy that we are still getting old-school-style horde shooters like this in 2022. The graphics are pretty impressive too if you take the time to tweak all the settings.

Back