Serious Sam 4 Released

Executioner

Limp Gawd

Available on Gog and Steam.

I guess there are some bugs. Probably better off to wait for bug fixes. Some are really bad. Looks like a rushed game.

auntjemima

Supreme [H]ardness
I mean, how many different ways can they have you hit a switch and have 400000 enemies swarm?

I liked the first and second encounters, the rest weren't for me. I still do back and play those occasionally.

Ripskin

2[H]4U
It looks like an almost exact copy of Serious Sam 3, not very innovative really.

I mean, Doom is playing a similar play book though visually things do look better on that front.
For a smaller team they've done some great stuff with large spaces and lots of enemies without killing your computer. Best game ever? Not even close. Fun run and gun for a while with great CO-OP, yup.

ballistic

Gawd
I enjoyed the first Serious Sam as a LAN game to play with friends in real life.
I haven't been much interested in any of the later releases though.

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
I watched one reviewon this and it looks like garbage. It made it seem like Bethesda made the game. Buggy and rushed. The guy i watched it looks worse than 3.

3 wasn't that great. Sam as no place for 'story' and characters, it is what made first and second encounter so great. Even to day, they hold up as amazingly fun and beautiful games. 3/4 are like dull brown Quake 1 inspired meh.

WarriorX

2[H]4U
I'm a few hours in and I am enjoying it. Haven't experienced any game crushing bugs. Not sure what the rest of the game will bring but I expect more mayhem.

Looks like a fair number of bugs were fixed on release, while pre-release reviewers received a complete mess. Probably some communication issues between the dev and the publishers.

Either way looking like a regular Serious Sam game to me, and that can only be good.

KillRoy X

Gawd
What the hell. Forgot this came out! Suprised it's not gettin more hits here, but whatever. Buy.

piratepress

[H]ard|Gawd
What the hell. Forgot this came out! Suprised it's not gettin more hits here, but whatever. Buy.

Yep, loved all the previous installements and I picked this up on launch day. Looking forward to trying it after I finish up the new DLC for Outer Worlds.

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
Well the Steam Reviews, over 5000 overall have a Very Positive rating. Will have to pick this up once I play through some of the games I have.

silentsod

Limp Gawd
The story is atrocious - the action is my favorite out of any Serious Sam game to date. Enemy counts at the end of the levels are regularly 500+ starting around 4 (?) levels in.

I just dual wielded miniguns and gibbed an enemy onslaught and it was wonderful. I stick to around 90fps @ 1440p on Ultra and have yet to experience a noticeable hitch during combat.

silentsod

Limp Gawd
Wrapped the game up today and it was a great time. Definitely you should skip the majority of the cutscenes. There's maybe 3 or 4 laughs that hit out of all of them and there are a couple dozen cutscenes.

The game is reasonably difficult on Hard and I could see it being required to use your gadgets intelligently on Serious which I have no intention of playing.