Serious Sam 4 - 9700K not enough for Ultra?

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I have 9700K stock and 2080 Ti Aorus WF. All on gpu and cpu settings ultra. Games run overall smooth above 80fps on 1440P. But in some mission when are tousands enemies on screen ( i cant count ) and i am shooting with minigun there are drops to 45-49fps.When i go with cpu settings and change from ULTRA to LOWEST i have 65fps. Is my cpu weak in that situations?

sd.jpg

Last edited:
So turning down cpu settings to LOWEST i have more 20fps. So its need stronger cpu?

sd.jpg

Try overclocking your 9700K and see what the results are.

A 9700K @ stock settings itself is enough to enjoy any game flawlessly assuming you have a high end card like yours.

A 9700K @ stock settings itself is enough to enjoy any game flawlessly assuming you have a high end card like yours.
This is place in game,very rarely it drops to 45fps. Just one area with tousand of enemies + minigun firing and drops.

damn get one freeze in this place lol. I mean sound was looping game freezed. Just ctrl alt delete to kill process. No crash in logs,only game stopped responding; D

Sounds like there is a lot going on in that one spot. I don’t have the game or I’d try it in my rig to see if I could duplicate the issue

Looks like patch 1.04 came out. Love the dev's humour in the patch notes. I haven't picked this up yet, but probably will since it's looking like Croteam is active with community in fixing this.

I picked up SS4 after the first patch and it is greatly improved on SS3. The game has a much faster pace and granting of weapons and increasing enemy counts whereas SS3 was slow to start and felt like it was just getting in its stride when the game ended. Playing SS4 on Hard and some of the fights are actually difficult if not managed appropriately.

Plus they added an enemy multiplier which should be a real boon for co-op.

Back