Serious question for those of you who bought No Man's Sky.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Serious question; with the lack of addressing abysmal Steam reviews, complete lack of communication from the devs... is there anything Hello Games can do or say that would make you forgive and forget and/or take a look at the game again? Like, what would be a good gesture at this point to regain some faith from the community if it's even possible at this point?

Figure out a way to get me a refund. I bought it online from Best Buy (had gift certs) and received the key to enter on the PSN.

played it for few hours, got boring very quickly, yes there is tons of content but you can easily make tons of content when you copy and paste millions of times.

BOT >>> I would say that actually integrating multiplayer would alleviate some of the lonely grinder attribute of the game. Seems there are several things they could do in the multiplayer to spice it up.

Maybe they will from the money they DID get to keep and not refund...who knows.

I'll certainly never buy anything of theirs without reading a bunch of reviews and watching some Let's Play videos or something. It was a huge disappointment and the devs flat out lied on multiple occasions.

Honestly, I enjoyed it, I played it a lot.
It got a little repetitive though.
The way for me to get back into it would let me use the gun. The sentry bots being the only enemies is lame. If I piss off a race, they should open fire on the ship or shoot me when I go into an installation.

Though I'll probably play it a little more this weekend. It is fun just doing everything and nothing at the same time.

Played it for 18 hours - had fun and enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a rather relaxing game. For some reason I thought it would be supported after launch and It seems like I was wrong. I'd really enjoy a surprise content update but I don't believe that will exist anytime soon (if at all).

Same here. I played for 18-20 hours or so, then tapered off. I still hop in here and there, though when I get a speck of spare time. I never intended it to be my primary game, but more something to play when I wanted to sit back, relax, and explore. Kinda like I do with something like Terraria. I can see it getting another 20+ hours out of me, spread out over the next year or so. If they actually released a nice big patch-expansion for it that rounded things out a bit, added some features, etc. I would probably play it even more than that.

I need to finish playing the more pressing games I've got (Dishonored 2 and Deus EX MD) then I'll play this a bit more again like I was.

It is a pretty decent game, and is pretty fun. It could be a lot better, but it's quite good, especially when I'm in the mood for something like it. (which for me is fairly often, but at random times)

The total silence from the devs really shows the nature of what was really going on behind the scenes. I'm guessing there is/was a lot of drama amongst the team at Hello Games before and after release, and most probably want to just move on to another studio and move forward in their careers. Meanwhile, talking head Sean Murray probably calls it quits and moves to a quiet Mediterranean island with his newfound (and dare I say, ill-gotten) wealth.

I don't hate the game and I've gotten about15 hours out of it and maybe some day I'll get back to it and "finish it". That said, there are so many little and big issues, its hard to know where to start. A patch that makes the flight model/controls not bad would be appreciated. Spaceflight is worse than planetary in my opinion and the UI for interstellar navigation just makes you question what the hell they were thinking design wise. Story? Meh, its very vague and I lost interest. I read up on some tactics to max out your ship and gear... and it makes the game rather easy. Namely, spend a few hours on one planet and you can have the biggest cargo hold ship available. The ships... the only difference is cargo hold size and exterior looks. The tediousness of mining resources goes away once you get a decent mining gun at least.

In its current state, its a $20-30 game at best, if you like the game type. I've gotten more out of it than I have Starbound. I got bored with that after about10 hours.

Wow, The Steam community reviews for this game are pretty harsh (Mostly Negative). I'll stay away ...

Wow, The Steam community reviews for this game are pretty harsh (Mostly Negative). I'll stay away ...

Yeah because they Hype train blew shit out of proportion and ran off with the devs few promises. They also failed to live up with some. THeir latest update is almost like a new game... totally revamped it. Almost half the size of the original game. I'd say if you were interested, get it now after this patch as it's great, or wait another few months till after christmas for price drops and maybe another patch and more content (it's coming).
Edit: also there was a massive hate train which bought the game for shits and giggles, then refunded it. Lets not forget, it was still the highest played game of all this year in peak numbers.. imagine now that most of the reviews would be at least average to positive with this patch.

I was also a little disenfranchised but had most of my expectations met (massive exploration space game) and put in 80 hours before the patch.. that's 5x the average joe, soit's obviously a game I like :). It's GREAT to just explore and get away from worldly bullshit and shareholder crap and business decisions and the rest. Smoke a phattie and get lost for an hour or so in the usually rare moment I can put aside the time.

I didn't buy it anyway but with all the money they made they should make a sequel with it being what they said it would be and give it free to all owners of the first game. That is the only way they can repair their reputation IMO.

I didn't buy it anyway but with all the money they made they should make a sequel with it being what they said it would be and give it free to all owners of the first game. That is the only way they can repair their reputation IMO.
Too bad that wont happen since the business model is for them to make a profit. So, they can save face by releasing a good game (a sequel) with those said features for $20.

Steam reviews are pretty close to useless most of the time. This dev deserves a little flack, but NOTHING like what they've gotten. They handled their PR completely the wrong way, and I get that some people are a little pissed, but the game itself is in good shape, and just got better with the patch they just released. They obviously just decided to stop talking and making things worse, get to work, fix things, add things, and get this patch out. I think that's exactly how they should have handled it. Now they should start doing even more, but this is in no way a bad game. It is however a game that needs to be to ones personal taste though. If you like exploring, the game is good. If you don't, find something else. Simple as that.

Steam reviews are pretty close to useless most of the time. This dev deserves a little flack, but NOTHING like what they've gotten. They handled their PR completely the wrong way, and I get that some people are a little pissed, but the game itself is in good shape, and just got better with the patch they just released. They obviously just decided to stop talking and making things worse, get to work, fix things, add things, and get this patch out. I think that's exactly how they should have handled it. Now they should start doing even more, but this is in no way a bad game. It is however a game that needs to be to ones personal taste though. If you like exploring, the game is good. If you don't, find something else. Simple as that.
You and I see eye to eye on this game for sure.

It has been almost everything I imagined it would be from first hearing about it three plus years ago.

They definitely could have handled some things better in regards to marketing it, but hey, they're only human and they're only about 10 guys who you can tell love what they do.
We all make mistakes, and their mistakes can be fixed.

With regards to the OP, I'd say their recent update is a good one. And I can only assume more are to come.

Back