Sep, Oct and Nov will be insane :eek:

- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (pre-ordered)

Remember that really good LOTR game? What was it called I never saw it.

Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2 ;)

I don't see a problem with not trusting an IP, even if it was a different dev. Its still the same overlords deciding what is best for "the demographic".
The IP holders are allowed to dictate how it is used. If I created a universe that became a cultural phenomenon as to have demand to be adapted to multiple mediums that I myself cannot create, I would love to give others that opportunity. But they would have to still live up to my vision as it is my own creative work. I wouldn't want any publisher or developer twisting around my characters and settings as to lose all semblance of my original creation.

As a specific example, to say that there were no good games using the LOTR IP, does that by extension mean the next one isn't going to be good either?

What's wrong with console hate? They have been shown time and time again that they have stifled innovation in gaming, and not just in the graphics department.
To say that consoles have stifled innovation in an entire industry without any proof otherwise is disingenuous. What kind of gameplay innovation have you expected to happen if consoles were not locked in to their hardware architecture or core demographic? Beyond what you may think money trades hands down to developers based on market research, meaning the majority of the games we do have are satisfying the majority of the consuming market. If it wasn't then nobody would be making games due to lack of revenue.

Visual appearances effecting your opinion is a problem? And HE is the one with the issues?
It is a problem in the adult world with the way the original thought was portrayed. Even though it was an off-the-cuff sarcastic comment, the fact that he went right to the rascist and homosexual remark tells me a lot about his personality. We all make immediate assessment based on appearances because it's the way our brains work. But the final judgement should be the process of your own conciousness. I personally have never heard of the Far Cry 4 character be referred to as "gay" or "rascist" up to this point.

Being pessimistic after a slew of negative events in the industry? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? That would be like someone being mad at the government after decades of incompetence, lies, and scandal; certainly that is worthy of being admitted to the looney bin too?
Being a pessimist means being locked into that negative opinion no matter what happens after, and also thinking nothing can be done about it. I think if there wasn't so much apathy and pessimism in our culture that the state of things as they are now would not be as bad as it is. Those kinds of attitudes lead to nothing being changed or things getting worse. If you don't like the way things are, then get involved. Instead of just voting your wallet, write letters to industry figures. I'm sure there are enough people with the same opinion that if everyone did so they would have to pay attention and things would begin to change.

At no point did I suggest such thoughts should have a person "admitted to the looney bin." I simply stated that the precursors in this online discussion could lead to a suggestion to appoint a psychiatrist for an interview.

My point is if nothing about gaming is making you happy, or all it is doing is antagonizing you, then maybe it's time to find a different hobby.

I don't see a problem with not trusting an IP, even if it was a different dev. Its still the same overlords deciding what is best for "the demographic".

What's wrong with console hate? They have been shown time and time again that they have stifled innovation in gaming, and not just in the graphics department.

Visual appearances effecting your opinion is a problem? And HE is the one with the issues?

Being pessimistic after a slew of negative events in the industry? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? That would be like someone being mad at the government after decades of incompetence, lies, and scandal; certainly that is worthy of being admitted to the looney bin too?

Pretty much I'm not so much hating on gaming or consoles, but its funny how its a giant list of pre-order games from big studios that most assuredly do not need us to hype their games for them or pre-order.

If OP had a list of level 2, 3 indie titles we should be discussing the virtues of getting hyped about I'd be less negative (though seriously I'm kidding around just because I'm making fun of "sequels creed" doesn't mean I hit on your mom.) but I think with the exception of the Tales game which I'm being open minded about this is all walmart box crap and I think we should just settle down a little. This isn't jonestown. koolaid optional.

On another note OP listed Dead Rising 3 PC as one hes meh about. I'm actually excited about it....eeeeexcept Dead Rising 2 was a pretty awful PC port. I bought it recently and teh fucking controllers busted. You have to fake an xbox controller to get it working which is a giant load of horseshit considering the games been out for years. Its fucking despicable. This is the exact reason we should not pre-oder DR3 until we know the mutherfucker works.

Only care for mgs v and gta v. I just need to play through mgs peacewalker on an emulator before I touch v though. I'm worried that gta v is going to have ridiculous requirements to get a decent fps.

What I really want is a good third person tactical shooter.

Out of the list here are the ones I am interested in . With GTA V and Project Cars being the top two and day one buys .

- GTA V
- Project CARS
- Assassins Creed Unity
- Farcry 4
- The Crew
- Borderlands Pre Sequel

Last edited:
Well it seems Witcher 3 will be out on Feb 2015, Steam has updated it's date, was TBA.

My pics to buy on or around launch would;
Civilization Beyond Earth
FIFA 15
WOW: Warlords of Draenor

The rest I can wait until they are on sale somewhere.

Far Cry 4. When it is released my outside of work life will end. :p

As for the rest of us who don't like to be early adopters for a yet to be released game, thanks for taking one for the team. :)

lol. I also pre-ordered The Crew. This month alone my spend has been 850 bucks on gaming alone (including purchase of an Xbox One).

Here is the damage thus far:

Purchased
- Dragon Age Inquisition (pre-ordered)
- Ass Creed Unity (pre-ordered)
- Farcry 4 (pre-ordered)
- Destiny (picked up)
- The Crew (pre-ordered)
- Borderlands Pre Sequel (pre-ordered)
- Alien Isolation (pre-ordered)
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Digi Pro (pre-ordered)
- Fifa 15 (came with Xbox One)
- Forza 5 (came with Xbox One)

Still to purchase
- Driveclub
- Tales from Borderlands
- Forza Horizon 2 (pickup day 1)
- Halo Master Chef collection (pickup day 1)
- Dreamfall Chapters
- MGS V
- GTA V PC
- Evil Within
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ass Creed Rogue

Just need to send my wife and 2 sons away on a long trip, go MIA from work and put myself in a room with my PC and TV and all the 4 consoles.

Subscribed so that I can check this thread in December to figure out what games to lookup cinematic walkthroughs on YouTube. Don't have time to play games these days.

Is the new LOTR going to be an online exclusive or a hack and slash RPG style oriented game?

I liked Battle for Middle 1 and 2 and the ones after have been online exclusives.

The only game that I really want is GTA 5. Will get Farcry 4 and MSG 5 somewhere down the road when they go on sale.

I agree , can't go wrong with GTA , spent to much money buying full retail on games that were complete garbage that i only played 10 hours and uninstalled never to be seen again. But i will wait for them to go on sale in 4-6 months that you can guarantee on

I have to admit GTA V's storyline was a bit weak compared to the previous GTA's, but I think most of us that are waiting for it on PC is for GTA Online (and DLC's) and modding.

Is it just me or there are too many games coming out this Aut/Win.

Here is the list of games I am interested in:

- Halo Master Chef collection

What are your picks?

MasterChef.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Final update and no more games for the year. Aww yeah baby.

Purchased
- Farcry 4 (pre-ordered)
- Destiny (currently playing)
- The Crew (pre-ordered)
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (pre-ordered)
- Forza Horizon 2 (pre-ordered)
- Fifa 15 (pre-ordered)
- Forza 5 (currently playing)

Decided not to purchase this year
- Driveclub
- Tales from Borderlands
- Dreamfall Chapters
- MGS V
- GTA V PC
- Evil Within
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ass Creed Rogue
- Wasteland 2
- Project CARS

Anyone here a fan of Defense Grid? Defense Grid 2 is finally coming out on the 23rd Sept. I'll be getting this on release, can't wait.

Final update and no more games for the year. Aww yeah baby.

Purchased
- Farcry 4 (pre-ordered)
- Destiny (currently playing)
- The Crew (pre-ordered)
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (pre-ordered)
- Forza Horizon 2 (pre-ordered)
- Fifa 15 (pre-ordered)
- Forza 5 (currently playing)

Decided not to purchase this year
- Driveclub
- Tales from Borderlands
- Dreamfall Chapters
- MGS V
- GTA V PC
- Evil Within
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ass Creed Rogue
- Wasteland 2
- Project CARS

Cancel CoD pre-order and get MGS V, GTA V or something else. Unless you are a huge CoD fan I don't see it being that different from the previous games. A couple of games back I got so bored of them it felt like a chore finishing the 5 hour campaign.

I am a COD fan. I bought the 100 buck version. Also Kevin Spacey and jet packs. Can't be bad.

looks like people havent learned yet that buying games on day 1 is a bad idea no matter how good the game sounds. Or even looked..

Me, Ill wait and see what condition the games are released in and how long it will take them to be fixed if they ever are.. Ive learned my lesson no more day one sale, especially at $60.00

60$ is not much to spend ... Why does everyone make such a huge stink about it?

Except Call of Doody, Destiny and Forza Horizon 2, none of the games were at msrp. Most were 30%-50% or more discount.

So far my line up is looking pretty good. I had Destiny pre-ordered, and I've been enjoying that along with D3:UEE (I know, not Sept., but close enough). I also picked up Sims 4, and I've been having a good time with that too. I've got Forza Horizon 2 and Shadow of Mordor pre-ordered to round out September. Nothing going in October.

I've already got Dragon Age 3 pre-ordered for November. I'm on the fence about pre-ordering Assassins Creed. My wife returns from a nine month deployment in November. I'll have a lot more to worry about than video games in November, and we'll be traveling together over the holidays. I won't have the time to dedicate to two big AAA releases, and since I've already got DA3 paid for, I'm thinking about just waiting on AC for a bit. Maybe it will have a small discount in the Steam Christmas sale.

October picks
Alien Isolation
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Dragon Age Inquisition

Watching
Sunset Overdrive
Evil Within
Lords of the Fallen

Except Call of Doody, Destiny and Forza Horizon 2, none of the games were at msrp. Most were 30%-50% or more discount.

Just like a 50% off sale at a clothing store like, say, Macy's, that "discount" is actually "what you should be paying in the first place"

Just like a 50% off sale at a clothing store like, say, Macy's, that "discount" is actually "what you should be paying in the first place"
Ability to play on day one and online is important. I wouldn't have fun with the games if I bought them later since online community will move on.

You all know MGSV isn't coming out this year. Might not even be a 2015 release from the way Kojima explains it.

Wii U owners should check out Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 1 was one of the best hack’n’slash games last gen. This version comes with both 1&2.

I’m looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for PS3 this Dec.

What? gta 5 and you are waiting for a steam sale? Good luck, maybe spring next year! Lol

Back