Sep, Oct and Nov will be insane :eek:

please cancel your pre-orders.. stop companies from shipping beta crap to people!

:)

I never pre-order anything unless Im supporting a respectable Indie dev like I preordered Van helsing II because Neocore did a good job on the first one and the beta was fine.

I remember everyone being like blahblahblah omg preorder Destiny anyogettoplayabetaomgsoawesome. No suck my dick. Theres literally no reason for me to give a wall street studio my money just to try a game.

what a sorry list of crap.. well, Far Cry 4 obviously interest me but im kind of wary, Dead Rising 3 for pc sounds awesome

what a sorry list of crap.. well, Far Cry 4 obviously interest me but im kind of wary, Dead Rising 3 for pc sounds awesome

I can only comment that Dead Rising 3 for xbox one was amazing. It can not beoverstated how much better it is than the previous games. Its completely different both in style and mechanics.

I can only comment that Dead Rising 3 for xbox one was amazing. It can not beoverstated how much better it is than the previous games. Its completely different both in style and mechanics.

it looks like, i saw a few youtube videos before posting :)

it looks like, i saw a few youtube videos before posting :)

Basically its just a more refined game.

Dead Rising

An extremely dated clunky hard to control arcade mess. I couldn't even play it. No cool weapons, movement is if you had the tank controls from Resident Evil 1 in Left for Dead. It is paaaaainful. the game is only like an hour or two long and meant to be replayed repetitively. In game timeline 7 hours. Environment is a small mall. maybe 15 zombies on screen at once.

Dead Rising 2

After I had such a blast with Dead Rising 3. I broke down and bought Dead Rising 2 on Steam.

It's playable but theres still no running really and no fast travel of any kind. The place is intentionally made difficult to get around in to make the game harder but it just feels like work. They introduce weapon combos but you can only do them at stations and only with certain mystifyingly specific items. Its fun but a trudge. It again takes about 7 hours to beat if you play slow like me. In game timeline 2 days or so. Environment is comparable to a small section of town with 2 malls. 20-50 or so zombies on screen at once.

Dead Rising 3

Movement is completely fixed. Its fast and responsive exactly like GTA 4&5 or Just cause 2 and the like. Takes place over the course of 8 days in a large city, takes about 15-20 hours to beat on the first play through. Theres something like a couple hundred combos. everything in the game combos with something else and the combos are extreme like a giant flaming scythe that shoots bouncing dynamite in every direction.

You can do combos any where any time. Surrounded by zombies? Grab a zombies foot, grab an explosive, ZOMBIE NADE. Cant break out of the tacobell hundreds of zombies? grab the emergency fireaxe an a taco TACOAXE mutherfucker! you get the idea. turn bikes in gatling motorcyles of death etc etc. Flamethrowing steam rollers. Flame...throwing...steamroller. read that to yourself out loud then look over your co-worker who keeps stealing your stapler. Flame...throwing...steamroller.

On screen zombies are now modeled after that scene in Dawn of the dead 2004 where they set off a bomb in the middle of the night and theres 1000's of zombies. All zombies are now generated with unique detail its hard to find two at any given moment that look a like. It's such a problem that some users have managed to make the xbox one stutter with the amount of them on screen. The best I managed before selling my xbox was a chained combo of 500 or so zombies.

They added the ability to put your points in unlocks with level gain like an RPG.

Frankly I've never played anything like it with the closest being Prototype which still doesn't matter. I never ever replay games but I replayed Dead Rising 3 several times just because its fun. remember when videogames were fun? Its like that. I'm buying it again on PC.

Last edited:

Thank you. I thought I was the only thinking this list was full of crap. How about these instead:

Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity
Close Combat going 3D (don't remember title name)
Civ Beyond Earth
Elite Dangerous

- Dragon Age Inquisition - Can wait for a sale.

- Ass Creed Unity - Dude... I haven't finished #2 yet, much less 3. Can certainly wait for a sale as I probably wont get around to playing it for a while.

- Farcry 4 - Wait for sale.

- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - Meh, looks good, but I get the impression that this will turn fairly stale after a few days of button mashing.

- Destiny - Not sold on it. Big advertising budgets are a major red flag for me unless you are Blizzard.

- Driveclub - I know nothing of it. Another driving game? Don't we have enough?

- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Sigh. I guess... again... just because so many of my friends will be playing it. Certainly not because the game is so great.

- The Crew - ANoTHER DRIVING GAMe?... lol

- Tales from Borderlands - Loved everything from them. They deserve my money!

- Borderlands Pre Sequel - With so much DLC, this title will make me wait until I get the whole enchilada with all DLC on sale for 10% of what the impatient will fork out for it.

- Forza Horizon 2 - ANOTHER!!! DRIVING!!! GAME!!! Sigh... who is paying for... er... playing these?

- Halo Master Chef collection - No. Just no.

- Dreamfall Chapters - Steam sale about $1.99.

- MGS V - Not sure, maybe, while on $4.99 sale.

- GTA V PC - Yes!!! Must have, and Rockstar is cruel to PC-only players for making us have to wait!

- Evil Within - I do love me some horror, but not sold on this specific game yet.

- Sunset Overdrive - Oh My Freaking GOD! Is this ANOTHER driving game? No.

- Ass Creed Rogue - One of these days I'll get around to playing the first three of these titles that I have sitting in my Steam account... I can wait for a sale, obviously.

- Lords of the fallen - Never heard of it.

- Sims 4 - Oh no, keep this girl-crack away from my wife or I will never get my computer back!

- Civilization Beyond Earth - Another company that cashes in big on DLC. I wish I didn't have to, but I'll have to wait until it is all out and buy the game with all DLC for 10 cents on the dollar.

- Pokemon game - Huh?

- NHL 15 - I'm in Houston, we think its cold when it hits 45 degrees. We don't really do "ice skating".

- Gauntlet - Was unaware of it, but I did pump some quarters into those machines back in the day. I'll have to check it out.

- Dead Rising 3 - Haven't played the first two yet, in fact I don't even own them... Am I missing something good?

worm

Some decent stuff coming up, but I almost never pre-order or buy on release day anymore, unless it's one of my favorite series. I'm usually good to wait for the sales though.

I like how Pokemon gets the "Huh?" and will most likely outsell most things in your list ;)

Your probably right. But then again, how many of those games are bought by the tot's parents just because it is kid friendly. If we went by sales alone, then McDonalds has the best food in the world...

worm

- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - Meh, looks good, but I get the impression that this will turn fairly stale after a few days of button mashing.

- Destiny - Not sold on it. Big advertising budgets are a major red flag for me unless you are Blizzard.

- Tales from Borderlands - Loved everything from them. They deserve my money!

- Borderlands Pre Sequel - With so much DLC, this title will make me wait until I get the whole enchilada with all DLC on sale for 10% of what the impatient will fork out for it.

- Forza Horizon 2 - ANOTHER!!! DRIVING!!! GAME!!! Sigh... who is paying for... er... playing these?

- GTA V PC - Yes!!! Must have, and Rockstar is cruel to PC-only players for making us have to wait!

- Evil Within - I do love me some horror, but not sold on this specific game yet.

- Civilization Beyond Earth - Another company that cashes in big on DLC. I wish I didn't have to, but I'll have to wait until it is all out and buy the game with all DLC for 10 cents on the dollar.

- NHL 15 - I'm in Houston, we think its cold when it hits 45 degrees. We don't really do "ice skating".

- Gauntlet - Was unaware of it, but I did pump some quarters into those machines back in the day. I'll have to check it out.

- Dead Rising 3 - Haven't played the first two yet, in fact I don't even own them... Am I missing something good?

worm

In order (because I'm too lazy to individually quote or use colors)

The rival system seems to be what will really make or break this one. Hopefully it's challenging enough that you die often enough to make it matter. I like how his powers work on the enemies and how it can effect the game. The combat is clearly very Batman-y, hopefully it has the same fluidity to the motions and depth so it doesn't turn into just button mashing.

Yeeeah. Neither the Alpha or the Beta sold me on Destiny. It seems alright, but something just feels off. It doesn't feel enough like a Halo game for that aspect of the game to work for me and it's not enough like Borderlands for those elements to connect with me either. I also hate the interface.

Speaking of Borderlands, I'm really interested in seeing what Telltale does.

Also speaking of Borderlands, MEEEEEEEEH. Borderlands 2 really burnt me out on it for a while. Nothing seems all that special or new here, I'll wait for Borderlands 3 or whatever they do next with the franchise.

Driving games are the go to way of showing off consoles. It's easy to make driving games look good.

Hopefully it's a better port than GTAIV

I agree. For as much hype as Evil Within is getting I'm not really sold on it. We'll see.

It's not a driving game. It's a 3rd person shooter/action game from Insomniac. Looks potentially really cool.

As someone who bought a lot of Civ V stuff not on massive discounts...It was worth it for the time I got out of it. I have no qualms about pre-ordering Beyond Earth. I know it's going to eat up a significant portion of my life.

Bah. You'd freeze to death in Minnesota. Last winter it got so cold that it froze car batteries. For multiple days people were warned not to leave their homes unless they had to.

I hope it ends up being as good as the old Gauntlet games.

Eh. Yes and no. They're silly games. Pretty fun in their own right, but not something I'd say you should run out and play. Check out videos of them and see if you thing you'd enjoy them.

Your probably right. But then again, how many of those games are bought by the tot's parents just because it is kid friendly. If we went by sales alone, then McDonalds has the best food in the world...

worm

I don't think too many. It is a system seller, much like Halo. Random note, you know someone sucks if they use a bunch of legendary/high stat monsters in their party. Plenty of people just go off of rarity or stats alone and are easy to defeat. :p

Personally I am interested in Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed (if they unfuck the controls, stealth, and optimize it) although Rogue isn't coming to PC. That sounds more interesting than Unity. Also Borderlands (though after a while) and the Pokemon game.

I am really looking forward to DCS MIG-21 and Vector Thrust though.

Going to be pre-ordering Destiny in the next few days on PS4, and I already have Dragon Age Inquisition pre-ordered on PC. I will likely pre-order Forza Horizon 2 also, and Assassin's Creed: Unity on PC.

GTA V I'll be picking up whenever it ends up releasing. Same goes for MGS V, which I seriously doubt we'll be seeing in 2014.

That's about it for me for the rest of the year. Holding off on AC: Rogue in hopes that it gets a PC port. I'll pick up Borderlands when it's cheap. Same probably goes for Far Cry 4. I liked FC3, but didn't like the dream sequence crap. In FC4, it looks like the fantasy nonsense is baked pretty well into the game, which makes it a lot less appealing to me.

The only other thing for 2014 that I'm interested in sis Shadow of Mordor, but that seems more like a wait and see title. It looks really good, but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks first. Everything else on your list gets a big meh from me.

Dreamfall Chapters is finally happening? Surprised we don't have more Point n Click fans here, TLJ was flat out amazing.

Gauntlet remake.the old arcade game? nice

Halo Master Chef collection

so will he visit hotels or just stay in the kitchen

There are a few games I want in that time frame but I am also doing tons of business travel during October and November, as well as moving from Dallas to Las Cruces at the end of October ... If I see a good sale I will probably buy a couple of games but I might not get much play time until December :( ... I will go ahead and order Football Manager 2015 for my kids though ... they love that series :cool:

Is it just me or there are too many games coming out this Aut/Win.

Here is the list of games I am interested in:

- Dragon Age Inquisition (pre-ordered)
- Ass Creed Unity
- Farcry 4
- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (pre-ordered)
- Destiny (pick up day 1)
- Driveclub
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
- The Crew
- Tales from Borderlands
- Borderlands Pre Sequel (pre-ordered)
- Forza Horizon 2 (pickup day 1)
- Halo Master Chef collection
- Dreamfall Chapters
- MGS V
- GTA V PC
- Evil Within
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ass Creed Rogue

Games coming out but I am not excited about them:
- Lords of the fallen
- Sims 4
- Civilization Beyond Earth
- Pokemon game
- NHL 15
- Gauntlet
- Dead Rising 3
- Wasteland 2
- Pillars of Eternity

What are your picks?

MGS 5 is not coming out this year.

It's a decent list. I have Destiny, Drive Club, and Pokemon Omega Ruby ordered. I'll probably get Dragon Age too. Quite a few games have been delayed, so that list could have been "worse".

I'm only interested in:

Destiny
Forza Horizon 2
Halo Master Chef collection
Evil Within
Sunset Overdrive

May pick up some others though.

Sims... 4!?! :)
When it comes to Sims games, I usually wait a while until EA's released at least a fair number of expansions. If you buy Sims 4 right out of the gate, you won't get quite the same level of depth as you do from the previous iteration with a few expansions tacked on.

The only games where I pre-ordered and got fucked were DARK (lol) and Aliens vs. Predator. But those also I got at 40% discount.
Getting fucked out of 60% is still getting fucked, though ;)

The only time I got screwed on a preorder was Aliens: CM. But other than that my batting average has been perfect ;), so it hasn't deterred me from making them.

OT, I have the following preordered, and I'm looking forward to every one of them :D.

Destiny (PS4, Ghost Edition)
Forza Horizon 2 (XBONE, Day 1 Edition)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC, Collector's Edition)
Halo: Master Chief Collection (XBONE)
The Witcher 3 (PC, Wild Hunt Collector's Edition)

I know The Witcher 3 is a 2015 release, but this list is everything that I have preordered.

Interested, but not sold enough to make a preorder.

The Crew (PS4 - Large map to race on sounds great. Wary about supporting Ubisoft.)
The Order: 1886 (PS4 - Developer is spouting the "cinematic 30 FPS" bullshit. Premium Edition looks sexy, though)
Grand Theft Auto V (PC - Trailer showing traffic density has my interest piqued, but those R* PC ports...)
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC - Looks awesome, but no preorder incentives like the collector editions I'm a sucker for :p. Maybe a day 1 purchase.)
Lords of the Fallen (PC - Developer doesn't have a stellar track record.)
Evil Within (PC - Still not sold on mandatory letterboxing.)
REmake (PC - Not available for preorder yet, last time I checked :p. Will probably be buying on Steam, though, so no preorder necessary unless there are incentives I like.)

Added Alien Isolation which was missing from the list. Also have that pre-ordered lol.
My wallet would have bled in these 3 months had it not been for pre-orders. It will still bleed but not as much.

Added Alien Isolation which was missing from the list. Also have that pre-ordered lol.
My wallet would have bled in these 3 months had it not been for pre-orders. It will still bleed but not as much.

Just out of curiosity, its not a judgement, but how do you find the time to play that many games :eek:

Civ 5 should be on everybody's list. It could be the next Alpha Centauri....

Outside of that I'm waiting on:

Destiny
The Witcher 3
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I'll look into Alien Isolation. Last time I bought a game that's scary it sat idly on my desk after it was briefly played...

Just out of curiosity, its not a judgement, but how do you find the time to play that many games :eek:
I don't find the time. I think I am a collector now more than a game player. However, I do finish about 30 games a year or so. Each year it becomes less and less. For example some games that I am playing these days are from last year.

On average I play about 10 hours per week. In summers it was higher where I spent about 77 hours during 2 weeks on Divinity Original Sin. Wouldn't have been possible without summer vacation/Eid break.

Also when I am home (3/7 days a week, travelling the remaining 4) I only sleep about 4-5 hours each night.

The games above, it will be a miracle if I finish half of them during the Winter holidays.

Dead Rising

An extremely dated clunky hard to control arcade mess. I couldn't even play it. No cool weapons, movement is if you had the tank controls from Resident Evil 1 in Left for Dead. It is paaaaainful. the game is only like an hour or two long and meant to be replayed repetitively. In game timeline 7 hours. Environment is a small mall. maybe 15 zombies on screen at once.
I know you must be exaggerating. You can get a lot more than 15 zombies on the screen at once. I know you wont do it but if you steal one of the cars in the parking lot and go driving under the mall in the parking garage to get the achievement, you would have noticed how this is so not true. The screen is literally loaded to the rim with zombies, constantly coming out of no where.
The first game is essentially an achievement hunting game and they blended the ability to get achievement and use cheats at the same time.
I personally did not like the game at first myself. In the spirit of the old games from earlier systems where getting cheat codes and such after playing through the game one time this game shines. Getting the Mega Man outfit and weapon made the game so much more enjoyable.

- The Crew - ANoTHER DRIVING GAMe?... lol

There are not enough arcade racers in the past market and this is a welcome addition to the all the sim racers that were out there. I am happy for a new driving game.
Sunset Overdrive is not a racing/driving game at all. It looks like tons of fun but unfortunately it is only for the Xbox One. It is a third person shooter.

Yeah, I looked it up after someone said it wasn't a racing arcade/sim. Poorly named if you ask me. The name just drips with promises of racing arcade...

worm

Whether it be games or a person robbing a bank, landscaping, etc. You make time for what you enjoy. I don't find it surprising.

I logged several thousand hours in bf3 so far. Also logged almost 1.5k hrs as a spy in tf2 since 2007. There could be a lot worse things a person could be doing.. Just look at your county jails.

Shadows of Mordor
AC:Unity
DA:Inquisition

And now, depending if I buy water cooling parts or Xbox One, I'll go with MasterChief edition, Fifa15 and Forza Horizon 2

Only 3 games come to mind straight away which I give a shit about:

2014-2015

GTA V (I've played it already but I'm re-buying it for modding and GTA Online on PC). Also rumours has it a new DLC (similar to GTA IV EFLC) will be coming out a bit later with CJ in it which will bridge the gap in the story of SA LS to GTA V LS.

Maybe new Far Cry 4 but something tells me this will turn out to be a shit hole.

Forza Horizon and maybe the new MGS (already have a PS4).

Anticipating 2015 title:

The Witcher 3. Love the books and loved the first two games.
Maybe Cyberpunk 2077.

Titles that I don't give a shit about in the not so distant future:

Any new COD or Battleturd titles. Maybe torrent new COD just for SP mode though.

Titles I want to see more polished for 2015 release:

Project Cars

I know you must be exaggerating. You can get a lot more than 15 zombies on the screen at once. I know you wont do it but if you steal one of the cars in the parking lot and go driving under the mall in the parking garage to get the achievement, you would have noticed how this is so not true. The screen is literally loaded to the rim with zombies, constantly coming out of no where.
The first game is essentially an achievement hunting game and they blended the ability to get achievement and use cheats at the same time.
I personally did not like the game at first myself. In the spirit of the old games from earlier systems where getting cheat codes and such after playing through the game one time this game shines. Getting the Mega Man outfit and weapon made the game so much more enjoyable.

There are not enough arcade racers in the past market and this is a welcome addition to the all the sim racers that were out there. I am happy for a new driving game.
Sunset Overdrive is not a racing/driving game at all. It looks like tons of fun but unfortunately it is only for the Xbox One. It is a third person shooter.

Couldn't tell you I got about 15 minutes into it and and went back to playing boxer on atari 2600 because it seemed less clunky..

- Dragon Age Inquisition (pre-ordered)

I'm confused didn't Dragon Age people have a meltdown over how shit the last one was? Why pre-order this(or anything from EA ever)

- Ass Creed Unity

One of these days I'll install one of these games, but having played a bit of the first and second one I just found them to be a yawnfest of achievement whoring trash.

- Farcry 4

Ok I haven't played the 3rd one. I'm still suffering from flashbacks of the second one, but I'm curious. I was more interested when I thought wed be playing as the gay racist white dude(theres sarcasm in there to the left.)

Still dont see the point of a preorder.

- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (pre-ordered)

Remember that really good LOTR game? What was it called I never saw it.

- Destiny (pick up day 1)

Halo oh-oh-eo the same old shit

/end chorus

- Driveclub

no idea hadnt heard anything about it.

- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

I think activision needs is more of our money. We should give it to them now to make sure the game happens. If they dont get enough pre-orders maybe they'll cancel it.

- The Crew

Ok I'm a little sad because I got a beta key but then I realized this is a Uplay game and my heart sank. I actually am a bit of a traveler I've driven through most of the US in my baby(Dart RallyE) and the idea of racing across america sounds ridic. Because its Ubisoft I'm giving it a wide birth and waiting for reviews.

- Tales from Borderlands

eeh I'll wait and see. I just finished Walking Dead which was amazing. I just started Fables which is meh so far.

- Borderlands Pre Sequel (pre-ordered)

I still haven't gotten my ACM refund. God or my Duke Nuke'm. Fuck I didn't even like borderlands 2.

- Forza Horizon 2 (pickup day 1)

*shrug*

- Halo Master Chef collection

Let me know when it's out on PC.

- Dreamfall Chapters

Sure if it ever actually enters existence.

- MGS V

Truthfully couldn't get into any of the metal gear games so totally off my radar

- GTA V PC

Yeah I'll pick it up

- Evil Within

Maybe The early previews are pretty negative so far

- Sunset Overdrive

Do want but I already sold my xbox one so unlikely.

- Ass Creed Rogue

Wait didn't we just...theres another one of these? wtf

- Alien Isolation (pre-ordered)

mmm no sega you need to earn my trust again buddy. Lets see the reviews.

TLDR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIOrQasR18

Last edited:
All I got from the above post is:
  • You hate sequels.
  • You let the implementation history of games using the same IP dictate your opinion of new games using the same IP, even if it is a different developer.
  • You hate consoles.
  • Visual appearances sway your opinion in games and life.
  • You're highly pessimistic. Pretty much summarizes all the above points. If I was a psychiatrist I might think you were sociopathic.
Maybe you should stop playing video games?

All I got from the above post is:
  • You let the implementation history of games using the same IP dictate your opinion of new games using the same IP, even if it is a different developer.
  • You hate consoles.
  • Visual appearances sway your opinion in games and life.
  • You're highly pessimistic. Pretty much summarizes all the above points. If I was a psychiatrist I might think you were sociopathic.
Maybe you should stop playing video games?

I don't see a problem with not trusting an IP, even if it was a different dev. Its still the same overlords deciding what is best for "the demographic".

What's wrong with console hate? They have been shown time and time again that they have stifled innovation in gaming, and not just in the graphics department.

Visual appearances effecting your opinion is a problem? And HE is the one with the issues?

Being pessimistic after a slew of negative events in the industry? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? That would be like someone being mad at the government after decades of incompetence, lies, and scandal; certainly that is worthy of being admitted to the looney bin too?

Back