Sep, Oct and Nov will be insane :eek:

KickAssCop

[H]F Junkie
Is it just me or there are too many games coming out this Aut/Win.

Here is the list of games I am interested in:

- Dragon Age Inquisition (pre-ordered)
- Ass Creed Unity
- Farcry 4
- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (pre-ordered)
- Destiny (pick up day 1)
- Driveclub
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
- The Crew
- Tales from Borderlands
- Borderlands Pre Sequel (pre-ordered)
- Forza Horizon 2 (pickup day 1)
- Halo Master Chef collection
- Dreamfall Chapters
- MGS V
- GTA V PC
- Evil Within
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ass Creed Rogue
- Alien Isolation (pre-ordered)
- Project CARS

Games coming out but I am not excited about them:
- Lords of the fallen
- Sims 4
- Civilization Beyond Earth
- Pokemon game
- NHL 15
- Gauntlet
- Dead Rising 3
- Wasteland 2
- Pillars of Eternity

What are your picks?

Last edited:
The only game that I really want is GTA 5. Will get Farcry 4 and MSG 5 somewhere down the road when they go on sale.

While I will admit that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Far Cry 4 is on my wish list, the fact is that I have no desire to pay $60 for a game when I can just wait several months for a lower price, a Steam sale, or a Humble Bundle. I already have a backlog of unplayed games thanks to some system issues and that I had to postpone assembling a new box due to external issues and life challenges. (Can anyone say Core 2 Duo E6600 and a nVidia 460 video card?)

Out of all of that, I'm just looking forward to playing Dragon Age Inquisition over the holidays xD

Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 got pushed back to next year. Was also look at Evolve which was also pushed back. This leaves Dreamfall as the only game I was anticipating with a bit of interest (Tales from Borderlands but no the The Prequel, Evil Within as examples) in a handful of others. Looks like I'm the downer.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is also coming in October.

My body is ready.

For some reason I keep forgetting that Beyond Earth is releasing this fall when discussing fall releases (although I know it's releasing in the fall), might be because of the relatively late announcement relative to release time. So that makes the end of this year better for me, although there is this recent trend with Civ games not really picking up/being polished until the first expansion.

I fear my machine may not be powerful enough for GTAV :(

Whats the no shit release date for it, and where can I find minimum specs? I can't find them on Steam.

Whats the no shit release date for it, and where can I find minimum specs? I can't find them on Steam.

My PC is scared shitless of this game. I have to hold her close and tell her that it's gonna be alright.

As soon as the Pregnant boss in her 40s fires me I'll have time to play some of that till then..... Advanced warfare and maybe Destiny maybe Dragon Age.

My PC is scared shitless of this game. I have to hold her close and tell her that it's gonna be alright.

And your machine is way more powerful than mine is.

I wonder if getting an extra gpu and running sli will enable my machine to run it. I know I'm good on ram, should be good on CPU power, too, I just think my GPU is whats holding me back.

Honestly there is nothing on that lists that interests me enough for preordering or a release day purchase. DA would have been if they hadn't screwed me with DA2, GTA series never really interested me (I still have GTAV I got with a purchase of a PS3 console still sealed and unopened), Borderlands might have tempted me but it's a DLC machine so I don't want to buy anymore Borderlands titles till the "complete" version is done, MGS V I am holding off after Ground Zero's "$40 demo" release to make sure they don't do that crap again.

looks like people havent learned yet that buying games on day 1 is a bad idea no matter how good the game sounds. Or even looked..

Me, Ill wait and see what condition the games are released in and how long it will take them to be fixed if they ever are.. Ive learned my lesson no more day one sale, especially at $60.00

So, a bunch of over-marketed games that no one actually cares about?

looks like people havent learned yet that buying games on day 1 is a bad idea no matter how good the game sounds. Or even looked..

Me, Ill wait and see what condition the games are released in and how long it will take them to be fixed if they ever are.. Ive learned my lesson no more day one sale, especially at $60.00

No it's not. The vast majority of games are fine on day 1, they don't all turn out like Battleshit 4.

Gauntlet remake comes out week after next, that's my big one for the foreseeable future

For me it will be :
Dragon age inquisition
Civilization Beyond earth

Later on (with a steam sale) I might get :
The crew
Borderlands Pre Sequel
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

I'm waiting for Evolve; it's been delayed till February now though. I played the Alpha and it was like crack.

Suffice to say, it blows L4D away and most certainly L4D's shitty community... though it's hard to say how many of them will migrate over and try to ruin the community there as well.

Out of the above list? I dunno, maybe Driveclub or Dragon Age but I'll have to wait and see how they turn out.

- Dragon Age Inquisition (pre-ordered)
- Ass Creed Unity
- Farcry 4
- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (pre-ordered)
- Destiny (pick up day 1)
- Driveclub [Free PSN Version]
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
- The Crew
- Tales from Borderlands
- Borderlands Pre Sequel
- Forza Horizon 2 (pickup day 1)
- Halo Master Chef collection
- Dreamfall Chapters
- MGS V
- GTA V PC [but for PS4, will get PC on Steam sale]
- Evil Within
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ass Creed Rogue

What are your picks?

Bolded. Plus:

- NHL 15
- Dead Rising 3 PC

Not too bad, but will still make my wallet shed a tear.

Out of all those, only interested in GTA V PC and Far Cry 4; maybe Shadow of Mordor. Not interested enough for pre-order or day 1 purchases though. Will wait for performance reviews.

Just Gauntlet, Borderlands prequel, and Alien: Isolation for me. Going to get a WiiU soon in preparation for Zelda next year though.

You can add the Metro Redux on the 26th

I'm looking forward to playing Metro 2033 on the Metro Last Light engine. Apparently a LOT has been re-made in the game.

Loading screens removed in areas, new areas added, and entire scenarios revamped.

Metro 2033 adds customization from Last Light, along with mask wipe, better gunplay, and better stealth.

Levels have been re-textured and re-built with new geometry.

Time of day has been updated, weather effects added, and new skyboxes added.

Global Illumination is now used.

Better AI patterns and hit detection.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby kthx

What's different from X/Y? I've barely played Y but from what I've seen of Alpha/Omega, not a whole lot has changed.

I'm really looking forward to the new Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, both on 3DS.

I haven't been disappointed with any of my own pre-orders in the last 5 years except for 1 but it was a cheap game that I only took a chance on since I really had nothing to do during that time. I also managed to get them all for at least 20% under MSRP with whatever pre-order bonus (if available).

By comparison if you buy at launch after initial word of mouth I would have to pay more with less bonuses. At this point to me it's no longer worth it and I'd just rather wait for the next major sale/deal.

What's different from X/Y? I've barely played Y but from what I've seen of Alpha/Omega, not a whole lot has changed.

I'm really looking forward to the new Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, both on 3DS.

They are remakes of Ruby/Sapphire from the GBA. I hardly played Emerald (enhanced version of Ruby/Sapphire on GBA, much like Yellow was to Red/Blue), so I will pick up one of them.

Eh, I feel like this happens every month/season. I just go in with a w/e attitude, usually results in a better experience for me :D.

- Dragon Age Inquisition (pre-ordered) -Day 1 indeed

- Ass Creed Unity - No pirates this time , little interest for me. Pass until its cheap

- Farcry 4 - Looks cool but I wasn't crazy about 2 or 3.

- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (pre-ordered) - Fuck yes , CAN NOT WAIT for this one.

- Destiny (pick up day 1) Not impressed with Bungie hiding so much content behind a pay wall. Still is a fun game. Pick up early next year.

- Driveclub - We'll see. Looks incredible but there better be a real racing game and lots of modes other than "purdy" to gain my interest.

- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - I gotta admit I love Kevin Spacey and the MP looks like it could be fun. Might have to get this before Christmas.

- The Crew - Eh...

- Tales from Borderlands - Telltale is knocking it out of the park recently. I'm on board.

- Borderlands Pre Sequel - We'll see. Kinda weird they didn't just announce BL3 (its a poorly kept secret that they are working on it) and throw this on as extra for waiting. Looks interesting but probably not a day one for me.

- Forza Horizon 2 (pickup day 1) - After how poorly Turn 10 handled Forza 5 with micro transactions I'm really wary of buying another Forza game. Aside from that Forza is a great franchise.

- Halo Master Chef collection - Day 1 indeed. Loved Halo 2 MP. Can't wait.

- Dreamfall Chapters - Pass .. for now.

- MGS V - Day one without question.

- GTA V PC - Day one PS4 for me. I'm going to wait for mods before I grab the PC version as Rockstar has a terrible history with bugs and PC versions of their games.

- Evil Within - Love horror games. Can't wait.

- Sunset Overdrive - Looks interesting but I'm not solid its worth $60.

- Ass Creed Rogue - Burned out on this franchise. If it wasn't for the pirates in Ass Creed 4 I wouldn't have bothered.

What are your picks?

My respond list.

Don't want to derail my own thread but overall tough crowd here. Thankfully there are more gamers than whiners.

A few responses.

I pre-order games because I get them at insane prices and love the stupid bonuses. For example, I pre-ordered Metro Redux bundle, Mordor and Alien Isolation all for 84 bucks through a friend. Also picked up Borderlands Pre-sequel for another 34 bucks using nVidia promo code. Not pre-ordering would have net these games at about 185 bucks for me. Instead I paid only 118 for 5 full games. That is about 23.6 per game instead of the full 37 (counting half price on Metro Redux since I own both games already). I have also pre-ordered Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition and don't regret that one bit. I got Dragon Age whatever digi deluxe edition for only 45 bucks instead of 70. Witcher 3 for about 32 instead of 50 or something. So I will keep pre-ordering games. The only games where I pre-ordered and got fucked were DARK (lol) and Aliens vs. Predator. But those also I got at 40% discount.

I didn't put Metro Redux since it is technically August and not September. :)

I have added all other games mentioned in thread to the list, though I am not excited about those.

You can add the Metro Redux on the 26th

I'm looking forward to playing Metro 2033 on the Metro Last Light engine. Apparently a LOT has been re-made in the game.

Loading screens removed in areas, new areas added, and entire scenarios revamped.

Metro 2033 adds customization from Last Light, along with mask wipe, better gunplay, and better stealth.

Levels have been re-textured and re-built with new geometry.

Time of day has been updated, weather effects added, and new skyboxes added.

Global Illumination is now used.

Better AI patterns and hit detection.

I'm on the fence about rebuying it. Is it really going to change the game enough to warrant the price? I might just wait for a really nice Steam sale..

- Ass Creed Unity ( I loved the second series until they started all the "extra" stuff put into them, this one seems cool)
- Destiny (I am getting the PS4 White Destiny bundle on the 9th)
- The Crew (reminds me so much of Forza Horizon mixed with Burnout so I am getting it)
- Forza Horizon 2 (I wish this was coming to PS4, heh. Too bad I wont be able to play it)
- GTA V PC (I can't wait for the modding)
- Ass Creed Rogue (I didn't like all the extra stuff put into the game so this one is definitely not a buy for me.)
- Dead Rising 3 (Is this game coming to the PS4, I forget. I like the first one)

It should be a little higher or similar to Max Payne 3

I'm interested in Civilization, GTA V, Dragon Age and Far Cry 4. No pre-orders, maybe a first week buy for Civ, we'll see.
With all the time Civ is going to take away, the others can wait steam new year's sale :).

Back