SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by ZombiPL, Apr 1, 2018.

1. ZombiPL

ZombiPL Limp Gawd

Quick update:

- We finally received the funds from Indiegogo,
    - We sent and paid in USD currency for most of the components which will be delivered from outside the EU-zone,
    - We are waiting for an exchange company to exchange funds from USD currency to PLN to start ordering process for parts which will be manufactured in Poland (most of Sentry elements),
    - We turned off the InDemand order option on our Indiegogo campaign page, but it turns out it is not a toggle on-off process, and we have to wait for up to 3 working days until Indiegogo will review our request and turn it off.

Stay tuned for more updates.

enex, Ej24, wuzupfoo and 3 others like this.
  2. Chimpee

Chimpee [H]ard|Gawd

111362.png

That power consumption for 3700X. Definitely know what CPU I will put on my Sentry 2.0.

Ej24, ZombiPL, Talyrius and 1 other person like this.
  3. aznpotpie

aznpotpie [H]ard|Gawd

Any chance to join in on this still?

4. SaperPL

SaperPL [H]ard|Gawd

Right now you will have to wait for us to deliver all cases to backers, because we will start thinking about what's next only afterwards.

Note that case manufacturing is not our main line of business, so making another batch may not happen right away.

From other news, Wendell from Level1Techs checked PCI-E 4.0 compatibility of our riser:

UFD Tech in their news video yesterday was talking about risers crashing on 4.0, so I assume that either no risers support it fully right now and there will be a need for new 4.0 spec for risers or AMD will have to fix it in their AGESA BIOS.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Talyrius likes this.
  5. SaperPL

SaperPL [H]ard|Gawd

Small update on the compatibility spreadsheet

Super & 5700 series GPUs were added as well as some info on the CPU coolers.

If there's something we've missed/omitted, please let us know.

Chimpee, Ej24 and octagoncow like this.
  6. St1X

St1X [H]Lite

I got Radeon VII as a gift from AMD, but can't put it in my Sentry :'(

7. SaperPL

SaperPL [H]ard|Gawd

A bit late, but still :p

enex, Talyrius, rfarmer and 2 others like this.
  8. m-jeri

m-jeri [H]Lite

Was not able to jump in on the campaign, but looking forward for you next run. Will be getting a black one for sure!. Thanks and keep up the good work.

9. Chimpee

Chimpee [H]ard|Gawd

ZombiPL, SaperPL, Ej24 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Gr8Scott

Gr8Scott [H]Lite

I know the Asrock Challenger 5700 (and XT) have been mentioned before as able to fit in the sentry https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC/#Specification it also appears that PowerColor is releasing a 5700 (and XT) model cards that will fit in the Sentry as well: https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1565953800#spe

I have no idea how either of these cards will perform on thermals, though there is already a video on YT () for the Asrock Challenger 5700 (non-XT) model that says it can get up to high 70s and a little less than 42dBa. That means it could run a little hotter in the Sentry. Just posting here for reference.

11. SaperPL

SaperPL [H]ard|Gawd

12. octagoncow

octagoncow Limp Gawd

Linus has another video featuring the Sentry 2.0 (it's the one that's hinted at in SaperPL's post above). It's nothing really new, but it's just nice that this case is still getting coverage. It also has a chance to win the PC, but that's obviously highly unlikely.

Ej24, Talyrius, ZombiPL and 2 others like this.
  13. SaperPL

SaperPL [H]ard|Gawd

There's something I haven't had time to show for some time.

Some time ago one of the backers asked about various ways we could adapt Black Ridge to the boards other than the Aorus ones that have socket far enough from pci-e slot so the fin stack doesn't obstruct it.

I found one way to do this, but you'll need different riser set than the one coming with 2.0, if you have 1.1, then you'll just need a single piece. And you need to be extra careful when bending the riser.

Also for reference if you haven't seen how the complete thing looks inside Sentry 2.0, because Black Ridge obstructs 2.5" drive mounts:

14. ZombiPL

ZombiPL Limp Gawd

1st, 2nd and 3rd transport sent :)

15. Talyrius

Talyrius Gawd

I've already received mine (delivered today).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019