Sennheiser vs. Audio Technica. Which headset?

Maddnotez

Limp Gawd
Looking to buy a new headset and I have it narrowed down to 3. Just looking for opinions.

Audio Technica ATH PDG1, Sennheiser Game One or Sennheiser GSP 500.

I don't want a separate desk mic although I'm not opposed to a mod mic and I'm going open back with a $150 Amazon budget. This is for gaming mostly. I play FPS so directional quality is extremely important. Sometimes I record music but primarily gaming.

From what I can find I'm hearing the Game One has lots of static with the cable if you move around but they also have much better noise cancelling in the mic vs the GSP.

I've heard the GSP need a separate amplifier and im not looking to spend an extra $150 on that.

Other than that I can't find much of any info and I'm not sure how accurate the needing an amplifier is. I also couldn't find any comparison with the AT vs Seinnheiser.

Anyone have experience with these 3? Not sure what to get.

Last edited:
I love the sound the Audio Technica make. They are great in games and even better on movies/music. Mine lasted almost 3 months before the driver in the left ear failed. It works from time to time but in general is dead. They want me to pay for shipping both ways + repair on it in order to get my $200 headset working again. By the time I do that I could've bought a cheap mod-mic and hooked up my Sennheiser headphones and gone about my business... I was a bit let down by this but I guess it is what it is.

From what I can find I'm hearing the Game One has lots of static with the cable if you move around but they also have much better noise cancelling in the mic vs the GSP.

Its not static you'll hear the nylon wrap on the cable I have the pc37x semi open headset and had the pc350 both have nylon cords when the cord rubs against something you hear it

Back