Sennheiser HD650 successor launching (Sennheiser HD660S)

pippenainteasy

[H]ard|Gawd
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphones-audiophile-high-end-hd-660-s

It's listed as available soon on Sennheiser's website. Rumor is it's a HD700 driver with a different housing and pads, and tuned for a less peaky, more neutral response. Will retail for $500.00.

Makes sense with their recent HD6xx drops at $200 that they are launching a model, especiall since the HD700 itself has seen a massive drop in price from $999 to the $400-450 range, that they want a model to occupy the $500 space and drive sales. $500 space is starting to get competitive which is nice, will be nice to see how this competes with the upcoming Hifiman Sundara.

Whose gonna get one? :D

I've got an HE-4xx ordered, and own the HD600's, so I'll pass on these- but it's nice to see Sennheiser competing!

Have a 6XX on the way so this one's a hard pass. Also already own an 800S so yeah I think I'm done.

Originally I missed the HD-6xx drop and I had made an order for the he-4xx but cancelled it when I bought a winter car.
I was gonna save for a set of monolith M1060 but now there is a new drop for the HD-6XX which I got into.
Not sure if I'll cancel or not but it was already over 50% sold in one day so I decided to order them and cancel if I change my mind.
The hd-660s would be too much money for my taste anyway.

Back