Sennheiser HD650 successor launching (Sennheiser HD660S)

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by pippenainteasy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. pippenainteasy

pippenainteasy Limp Gawd

May 20, 2016

It's listed as available soon on Sennheiser's website. Rumor is it's a HD700 driver with a different housing and pads, and tuned for a less peaky, more neutral response. Will retail for $500.00.

Makes sense with their recent HD6xx drops at $200 that they are launching a model, especiall since the HD700 itself has seen a massive drop in price from $999 to the $400-450 range, that they want a model to occupy the $500 space and drive sales. $500 space is starting to get competitive which is nice, will be nice to see how this competes with the upcoming Hifiman Sundara.

Whose gonna get one? :D
    IdiotInCharge likes this.
  2. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge Not the Idiot YOU are Looking for

Jun 13, 2003
    I've got an HE-4xx ordered, and own the HD600's, so I'll pass on these- but it's nice to see Sennheiser competing!
  3. illram

illram [H]ard|Gawd

Sep 19, 2011
    Have a 6XX on the way so this one's a hard pass. Also already own an 800S so yeah I think I'm done.
  4. xmadror

xmadror Limp Gawd

Feb 13, 2012
    Originally I missed the HD-6xx drop and I had made an order for the he-4xx but cancelled it when I bought a winter car.
    I was gonna save for a set of monolith M1060 but now there is a new drop for the HD-6XX which I got into.
    Not sure if I'll cancel or not but it was already over 50% sold in one day so I decided to order them and cancel if I change my mind.
    The hd-660s would be too much money for my taste anyway.