Sennheiser HD600 for $100, should I do it?

compslckr

[H]F Junkie
I have the opportunity to buy the HD600 from a friend for $100. Should I go for it?

I know they will need an amp which could get expensive fast. I would probably be willing to spend $200 on an amp. What would you recommend in that price range?

Thanks

DO IT

Even after getting an amp they will be cheaper than if you got just the phones at retail.

YES, you should do it! As long as you know they're working properly, that's a great price on a great set of headphones. And an amp will come in handy depending on your source.

Gmok, right now I don't have anything other than onboard audio. Would I be better off getting the dac from Mav-audio, then getting the amp later?

I am getting the cans tonight.

Got em'

d1b5a439.jpg

They sound pretty nice on my old denon avr-485s. Excited to pick up an amp and / or DAC. Looks like I have quite a bit of reading to do.

What an awesome deal! Nice find - I'd envy you if I didn't already have and love mine!

Personally, I'd stay away from the uDAC 2 based on poor objective performance - and its amp isn't powerful enough for the HD 600 (in terms of voltage swing) anyway.

A very well regarded, well measuring starting solution would be the Fiio E7/E9 combo - it runs for $200 and covers you on both the DAC and amp fronts.

Gmok, right now I don't have anything other than onboard audio. Would I be better off getting the dac from Mav-audio, then getting the amp later?

I am getting the cans tonight.

Edit: I feel foolish. several others already suggested the same thing.

Back