Sennheiser HD477 or HD500

br1zz0

Limp Gawd
Hello, My Audio .90s just broke and I was thinking of getting either the HD477s or HD500s, Would anyone please give me some feedback if you currently have any of these headphones. I'm mostly gonna use these headphones for gaming.

Sennheiser HD477
Sennheiser HD500

Oh btw if you think none of the above headphones aren't good and could recommend me to some better headphones for about $220, please let me know, It would also be much appreciated if they are from futureshop.ca :)

Thanks again.

They only have the HD477 there and not the 500, yet I read some other reviews saying the HD500 aren't so great either =\

br1zz0 said:
They only have the HD477 there and not the 500, yet I read some other reviews saying the HD500 aren't so great either =\
It all depends on what you're comparing. Some people compare apples and oranges when it come to headphones. What i mean is some will compare a $50 set to a $250 set which isn't really fair so try to read between the lines when hearing opinions.

Basically the question to ask here is...what are the best headphones for sale @ futureshop and why(?). Too bad i don't have that answer :(

I doubt there any "good" headphones at futureshop, I checked bestbuy and they have the HD555 which I heard are good. Anyone know any good Sony Headphones?

I doubt there any "good" headphones at futureshop,

Not only do they not have any decent headphones but their prices are ridiculous.

I checked bestbuy and they have the HD555 which I heard are good

Those are not bad but you can do better in that price range.

Anyone know any good Sony Headphones?
Not in your price range. ;)

I don't know too much about headphones, think you can help me out Mister_X?!

If you want good cans cheap, I reccomend the Sennheiser HD497. They are very good, I would say 3/4 as good as the HD580s without amplification. IMO the only problem with the HD497s is that the sound a bit dry, but for $60 you really cant complain... Grado SR60s are also pretty good. Sony headphones are usually not very good till you get to the high end stuff, like the CD3000s. Headphone.com is a very good resouce, I agree with most of their reviews.

Agreed... The HD497s and Grado SR80s :D are about the best entry level open cans out there.

Back