Sennheiser HD428 - $26 Shipped

Thanks viralcow. Needed a cheap pair of headphones for the gf to keep her away from mine, these will b e perfect!

Sweet...I recently bent the 3.5mm plug on my Senn PX100 which I've had for years. Can't go wrong at $25.99ea. and free shipping, so i picked up 2...for my son and myself. Thank you viralcow :D

$80 on Amazon...why not. My GF needs a decent pair of headphones, and my brain needs a rest from endless Sims 3 music... :cool:

never owned a pair but the reviews on these are very good. Used to own Bose...yeah, yeah, they were overpriced but I did like the sound/feel at the time. Their quality however was something to be desired as their plastics are of the crappiest quality. Of course, this was my experience and I wouldn't say that about all Bose products. Do you all think going from a pair of Bose over the ear cans would be a nice improvement? At the price though, that question isn't so relevant.

I'm guessing these aren't the best thing ever but for the price I don't think you could beat it.

Just got these today. Haven't tried them out but the earcups are WAY smaller than my HD590s. Didn't really realize that when I bought them. Not for me though, for my GF, so it should be alright. Can't comment on sound quality yet.

EDIT: Put them on and they're not as bad as I thought. They are apparently "noise-cancelling" which means they are made to feel fairly tightly around your ears. My ears are a little big so they're kind of small, but for most people they'd be fine. They actually have pretty good sound. Bass is better than I would expect at this price point. Not as clear as my HD590s but I guess that's to be expected. Passive noise cancelling actually works pretty good. Overall a good deal for ~$30.

Last edited:
dead?

with FACEBOOK (5% discount applied)

Sub Total: $39.95
Discount: $2.00
Total: $37.95

Weird, it still said $27 yesterday when I posted. Must have just went dead.

$38 still doesn't sound too bad...not as good as $27 though.
Reviews seem positive even at $100.

For $100 I'd go for something better, but they're definitely worth it for ~$30.

Eh would've jumped on at $28 or so (again, not for me, for my GF -- odd theme. Already happy with my e2200s) but at $40ish I'm hesitant.

I honestly can't say what other $40 headphones are comparable, but they have solid build quality and sound pretty good. My guess is even for $40 they're probably still a bargain. They go for $80 on Amazon like I mentioned earlier so this is essentially half price.

Yeah, please stop making excuses for companies that identify product traffic then gouge on pricing as is probably the case here.

This was a great deal at $26. If they want to get greedy at $40+, screw 'em. There are 3 or 4 other headphones out there "new" in this price range with comparable performance. Do your research and you would know this.

Newegg had a 32gig microSD Class 4 Sandisk branded card for $29 dollars shipped free, for weeks. I had been watching it and watching it, then it shot to $45 a few days ago. The problem is, Amazon's didn't. So I ordered the same card off Amazon and Newegg lost out. In fact, if anyone from Newegg is listening, these pricing stunts have cost you my business in the range of around $4,000.

Boggles the mind that the companies pull these stupid idiotic stunts that basically tell the general public in not so many words, that, "hey, we really don't want your money or your business." And guess what? They don't get it.

Leave shit alone unless you're going to lower prices.

Lot of these companies use traffic shaping software that can identify product traffic and when certain criteria is met, through preset price points, automatically raise prices. Little is known or for that matter, reported about this practice, but it does happen. A few summers ago, Coke was going to test market Coke machines that would raise prices on their ice cold drinks in the middle of a hot afternoon, when their drinks were most in demand. I always thought that was shitty and still do. Never knew what happened to that test program, if it ever happened or what.

I have a pair of these the last time they were on sale. Great sound, especially for the price. The cable is extremely flimsy though.

Back