Semi-gloss 4k VA

I don't think there are any?
Sadly, since 27" is a perfect size. 32" might be too big for many desks.

Last edited:
Really? Not even semi-gloss is popular now, they all went normal matte coatings? Sigh.

The oligarchic monitor cabal has declared manufacturing glossy displays for gaming monitors as an illegal act. By corrupting the right officials you occasionally were able to get a glossy professional monitor through the cracks, but now because of either devoted fervor to the cause or fear of reprisals, even this is hardly true anymore.

Either that, or they are all inept. I don't get it, with no one making glossy or semi-glossy, if you make the one wouldn't you stand out and grab the market of glossy lovers?

It boggles the mind.

So, basically everyone is using 3H or a similarly harsh coating?... Or is there a different option I may not have heard of?

Manufacturers have moved away from medium to heavy matte coatings and are now typically using light AG coatings. Unfortunately I don't know of any that are using glossy coatings on monitors. You can find semigloss coatings everywhere on televisions.

Manufacturers have moved away from medium to heavy matte coatings and are now typically using light AG coatings. Unfortunately I don't know of any that are using glossy coatings on monitors. You can find semigloss coatings everywhere on televisions.

How do I determine if it's light AG? Also, how does light AG compare to semi gloss? Or... How does it compare to 3H?

And one more question: do you know how 2H compares to 3H? I couldn't find an answer on Google. A friend sent me a link to a monitor with 2H.

Thanks.

The last released glossy monitor I know is Hp 25 er/es and hp 27 ea/er/es.
I have Hp 27ea... it's 1080p 27" but it's 98% glossy... I have to say it's still not as good as full glossy unfortunately but it's as good as I could find

Wasn't 3H coating developed in 2003 lol? In comparision to TV semi-gloss and glossy coatings that are improved yearly with better reflections and contrast.

That's true. Monitors are behind and matte coatings are still advertised as a great thing "don't worry about reflections!"
wtf. Give me pure gloss! Even those semi glossy 98% coatings diffuse a little bit. This results in light diffusing bigger area

The AOC Q3279VWF uses a near glossy coating. The last monitor I tried was a matte coated Samsung C27FG70, so I was pleasantly surprised about this one.
The Q3279VWFD8 AOC recently launched uses an IPS panel, and I'm not sure abaout the coating.

You'd have to settle for 32" 1440p, and I'm not even sure they sell them outside of Europe. But if you're able to buy one, a true 5000:1, mostly SRGB accurate (I'm using pcmonitors.info's review settings and ICC profile), near glossy, large, and high res VA monitor for 200€ is too good a deal to pass up.
Slow color transitions aside, it also games very well with its no frills 75hz, low input lag and Freesync support - better than the older 60hz 32" VAs and the HP models that have issues with Nvidia cards.

The AOC Q3279VWF uses a near glossy coating. The last monitor I tried was a matte coated Samsung C27FG70, so I was pleasantly surprised about this one.
The Q3279VWFD8 AOC recently launched uses an IPS panel, and I'm not sure abaout the coating.

You'd have to settle for 32" 1440p, and I'm not even sure they sell them outside of Europe. But if you're able to buy one, a true 5000:1, mostly SRGB accurate (I'm using pcmonitors.info's review settings and ICC profile), near glossy, large, and high res VA monitor for 200€ is too good a deal to pass up.
Slow color transitions aside, it also games very well with its no frills 75hz, low input lag and Freesync support - better than the older 60hz 32" VAs and the HP models that have issues with Nvidia cards.
This one weirds me out. It is so cheap it's crazy. 32" ? 1440p? 75hz? This thing is 200$ and unavailable at the moment for the right reason.

This one weirds me out. It is so cheap it's crazy. 32" ? 1440p? 75hz? This thing is 200$ and unavailable at the moment for the right reason.

My guess is they just wanted to bring a stupid cheap 32" on the market, and they got hold of batches of last gen TV panels to do so. Probably the same deal with the D8 model.
It isn't perfect by any means, slower pixel transitions than modern desktop monitor VAs, ICC profile required for good gamma, viewing angles aren't great for VA, most of the OSD options and the button shortcuts are just pointless.
Honestly wasn't expecting much for 200€, just wanted a Freesync capable 75hz 32" 1440p monitor that doesn't shit itself when used with an Nvidia card like the HPs.

I definitely don't want 1440 32". I currently have 1440 27", and I'm unhappy with the PPI.
I'd consider 32" 4k, I suppose - but I'd much rather have 27-28" 4k.

I think 2.5K / 1440 would work really well with a 24" panel, the pixel density is higher than a 2.5K with a 27".

using isthisretina.com

Back