semi-budget PSU choices

Cthulhu

Limp Gawd
going to be building my wife and i new machines here pretty soon...i won't be needing a giant psu for these things as they are only going to be:

e6600
pata dvd burner
1-2 hard drives
ati x1950pro

so i would really just like to spend less than 100 bucks for the psu. can you guys give me some recommendations? been doing some reading and it seems like everyone recommends the corsair 520, but it's a little more than i want to spend and i really don't think these machines will need even that much power. surely there has to be some decent psu's for under 100 bucks. =/ thanks in advance.

ewiz.com

Enhance ENP-5150GH. $69. Perfect for your needs.

Honestly, Bbq gave you what is probably the best sub-$100 power supply out there. Enhance is the OEM source for Silverstone, after all.

As far as that FSP......well, while it's true FSP puts out some very nice power supplies, they also put out a LOT of junk.......and the one you linked isn't one of their better examples.

Take Bbq's advice......got one in my wife's C2D system and it hasn't missed a beat over three months. Very quiet, very cool running, very inexpensive, cannot beat it.

Not too bad, but the enhance is that much better.

Back