* Chipset: Intel Mobile Chipset
* Memory: DDR2 512MB
* Display Card: Intel UMA
* Storage: 4GB built-in SSD
* Audio: HD audio / built-in speakers
* Wireless: Built-in 802.11b/g
* Memory Cards: SD/MMC (SDHC)
* Operating System: Linux

Price of admission to the netbook club keeps going down and down..

http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx

Yeah but that 900mhz proc makes you want to carry a knife while you use it so you can stab yourself!

Yeah but that 900mhz proc makes you want to carry a knife while you use it so you can stab yourself!

ah youngens....

I remember when overclocking my celeron 300a to 450 was the "in" thing...

Used to be able to get away with 100x of what we landed on the moon with, now its a neccessity that you have enough horsepower to map the galaxy.

Gotta love it! :cool:

Remember the Atom is an In Order processor and not an Out of Order processor like the Celeron M (in this above example.) Because of this the 900mhz celeron is almost the same speed as the 1.6 ghz Atom, and in some areas the celeron is actually faster.

ah youngens....

Used to be able to get away with 100x of what we landed on the moon with, now its a neccessity that you have enough horsepower to map the galaxy.

QFT. If 900mhz isn't enough, you are running the wrong OS/window manager :)

most of my vm's don't get this much cpu time :)

ah youngens....

Well put.

I remember when running XP on that much hardware was some hot shit.

ah youngens....

We also used to ride horses to span large distances but you dont see that anymore do you? Could we still do it? Yes. But why?

We also used to ride horses to span large distances but you dont see that anymore do you? Could we still do it? Yes. But why?

On a related note, that machine could play a mean game of "Oregon Trail".

I remember walking up a hill 2 miles in the snow to school and 2 miles back to home.

Damn whippersnappers!

ah youngens....

I still have my abit bh-6 and celery 300a @ 450 with the dual fan heatsink from 3dcool =)

ah youngens....

Yep.. the Abit BH-6 + celery 300a.. mine hit 464 with turbo on... that was such a difference from my K6... meeeeeemories. :)

Meh, i got my EEPC 8.9 inch with 12GB SSD and 1GB of ram for 129 from amazon brand new.

The advantage of the Atom is supposedly better battery life. I used both and couldn't really tell a big difference.

The mwave deal above is definitely hot. That shift key is a killer though. It makes it almost impossible to touch type.

I was VERY close to picking up a netbook, till I went to BB to try typing on them for a few minutes. Glad I did. If you have large hands, it's a pain in the ass to type on the smaller keyboards. Try one before diving on any deal.

If you can manage, go for it!

Back