Sellout Crowd Climbs Aboard the GTC Train in Japan

HardOCP News

[H] News
A huge crowd of more than 2,600 people turned out for NVIDIA’s fifth regional GPU Technology Conference, held here in Tokyo today. This follows sellout GTC events in the last few weeks in Beijing, Taiwan, Amsterdam and Melbourne. GTC Japan, now in its eighth year, focuses on the key technology trends of AI, robotics and autonomous vehicles. Visitors will attend 70 sessions in eight tracks focused on areas such as autonomous vehicles; deep learning; supercomputing and HPC; professional visualization and VR; and graphics virtualization.

NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang kicked off the event by saying that the world was in the midst of an AI revolution – largely driven by GPU computing. To demonstrate the power of AI, Huang showed a deep learning demonstration in which a real-time artist filter was applied to live video. Using this technology, developed by Artisto, Huang said it’s possible to give video the appearance of famous artists like Dali or van Gogh.

I thought for a second it said the "GTR Train", which I would happily climb into as well.

I thought the Japanese weren't into the whole PCMasterRace?

They are not in it to hear about PC gaming. It's all suits and serious stuff. My contact in Taiwan told me about the deal that Nvidia had inked with the Taiwanese Industrial Research Institute for one.
Bukkake Grope Dream Tentacle Train!!
Oh you.

They are not in it to hear about PC gaming.

I'm actually starting to wonder if nvidia ever ends up becoming hugely successful in some other industry like AI or automotive, will they forget about PC gaming, sort of like how Valve did?

I'm actually starting to wonder if nvidia ever ends up becoming hugely successful in some other industry like AI or automotive, will they forget about PC gaming, sort of like how Valve did?

I think so. We are a niche market really. Tesla is what Nvidia is laying all its chips at to tap into data analytic market.

Back