Selling my uber rig, building newer cheaper rig.

Bop

2[H]4U
I've pretty much stopped playing PC games for now so I decided why bother using a monster PC so I'm selling it off.

I'm going to rebuild a cheaper rig for web browsing and the occaisonal game of DoD:S and Medieval 2 Total War. I'm an overclocker at heart and even though I won't be gaming much I'd like to see how high I can take it. I may be buried with work in college but letting Prime run in the background is no issue to me :p

So far I've come up with the following parts:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
ASUS P5B-E
OCZ SOE 2GB PC2 6400 5-5-5-12($209 at NewEgg!)
Antec Neo HE 550w

I'm using an older 6800 Ultra for a video card.

How does the build look? I'm looking for an awesome OC on this thing, I have a Zalman CNPS9500 left over from my last rig to cool it.

I plan on getting a R600/G80 when the semester is over so I'm going to need some more power.

The enthusiast inside me is screaming out for better parts so I've revised it to this:

C2D E6400
ASUS P5B Deluxe
Crucial 10th Anniversay 2GB DDR667
Seasonic S12 600W

Overall its about $150 more... think its worth it?

You sound like you're giving up gaming like it's smoking or drinking. Not enough time right now?

GJSNeptune said:
You sound like you're giving up gaming like it's smoking or drinking. Not enough time right now?

Heh, it has made enough of an impact to my social life. Especially back when I played WoW. My grades aren't what they could be either.

So I'm thinking of making a zippy computer now that can last me for a year before it drops to the low end. During winter/summer break I'll have the urge to game with all the details turned on and I have a tendency to waste money which is why I switched to the P5B deluxe, it supports Crossfire right?

Bop said:
I plan on getting a R600/G80 when the semester is over so I'm going to need some more power.

The enthusiast inside me is screaming out for better parts so I've revised it to this:

C2D E6400
ASUS P5B Deluxe
Crucial 10th Anniversay 2GB DDR667
Seasonic S12 600W

Overall its about $150 more... think its worth it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817388003
Masscool 460W w/ PCI-E

Will support G80...

iownyou14 said:
I dont think the P5B Deluxe supports crossfire.

It does, but only 4x on the second PCIe slot. Benchmarks don't show a difference between dual 16x boards though.

Back