Selling my RX570s to upgrade.. what to get

cokewithvanilla

Weaksauce
So, i basically bought my RX570's a day before the craze. I am going to dump them off now for as much as I can get.

Heres the situation:

I have 6 1440p 144hz freesync monitors. I am currently testing a GTX 1080 founders (because they had it at the local BB)

The GTX 1080 runs very smooth and ect. However, I will not be able to use SLI with my six monitors, so I likely dont need to be buying a second 1080. I am wondering if, in the end, Vega is going to be the obvious choice due to the freesync./ however, I was having issues with AMD drivers causing microstuttering, which is worse than the lack of freesync. Having tried everything ,AMD suggested i move to windows 7... which is unacceptable. That leaves me looking at the 1060

if you managed to get the 999 price and you sold the 570's for 500 total....then were only talking 500 more out of pocket and i dont see that vega loosing value any time soon. (wether its worth that much or not) At least the darn thing wouldn't be vram limited lol

Go for it!..I heard of worse ideas for sure! Minors will buy that vega regardless! :woot: (even if you decide to not keep it)

Micro stutter isn't a problem with AMD cards and freesync monitors, says me. (Anecdotal as it is)

Two Fury X in crossfire + 3 HP Omen 32" freesync monitors.

I've never noticed microstutter in six + months of crossfire use on my setup.

Not gonna bite on the frontier edition. in order to get it to work with 6 monitors, i would need a Displayport hub. I have one at work, and all i can say is that they aren't the most reliable (in my experience). Sometimes the monitors on the hub will go black, then come back. sometimes i will have to reset the hub. Of course, this could just be issues with my particular hub.. but i have MST hubs on all six of my ultrasharp monitors that have similar issues.

It woudl make more sense to me to wait for the vega gaming cards, which should be cheaper... only i dont think i can wait... with selling my 570's and all.

Not gonna bite on the frontier edition. in order to get it to work with 6 monitors, i would need a Displayport hub. I have one at work, and all i can say is that they aren't the most reliable (in my experience). Sometimes the monitors on the hub will go black, then come back. sometimes i will have to reset the hub. Of course, this could just be issues with my particular hub.. but i have MST hubs on all six of my ultrasharp monitors that have similar issues.

It woudl make more sense to me to wait for the vega gaming cards, which should be cheaper... only i dont think i can wait... with selling my 570's and all.
6 displays? Wow? everybody could use that lol...Does the green team cards handle that easier?

Back