Selling DSLR, going back to PaS, what to get?

AMD T-type

Supreme [H]ardness
So after giving it a lot of thought, I'm going to sell off the rest of my DSLR equipment and get a high end point and shoot. I really don't want to do it but for the amount of use my equipment gets for how much I have into it, it just makes more sense. That and I could use the money for other needed things at the moment.

I'm currently pondering the Canon SX30 IS and the Canon SX230 HS.
http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-SX230-HS-vs-Canon_PowerShot_SX30_IS

It looks like it basically comes down to whether or not i'm going to need all that extra zoom.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Also, I am selling what I have left of my Canon equipment should anyone be interested.

Canon EOS 350D Digital Rebel XT (body in good condition except for cracked flash unit)
Canon 50mm f1.8 MKII (has a lot of dust inside lens, i bought it that way, works fine though)
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 Ex DC HSM (like new)
Canon 70-200mm f4 L IS USM (like new, less than 100 shots taken with it)
Domke F2 Little Bit Smaller Bag

As an additional ideal, why not keep the camera with the 10-20mm, sell everything else and replace it with the Canon 85mm /1.8 and call it a day? You'll be sacrificing a LOT in terms of IQ if you switch to P&S, and chances are that a year or two down the road, you'll be going back to DSLR, anyway. Just a thought.

As an additional ideal, why not keep the camera with the 10-20mm, sell everything else and replace it with the Canon 85mm /1.8 and call it a day? You'll be sacrificing a LOT in terms of IQ if you switch to P&S, and chances are that a year or two down the road, you'll be going back to DSLR, anyway. Just a thought.

I agree. Sell off the 70-200 while the price is high, but look at getting the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, or the Sigma 85 if you can live with AF issues, if they even exist.

You know looking at your lens collection, you really do not have a all around lens. I recommend the 24-105 or 15-85... both lightweight and have a great range.

I really love [H]

OP: I want to sell all my stuff
[H]'s solution: go buy some more stuff

:p

You know looking at your lens collection, you really do not have a all around lens. I recommend the 24-105 or 15-85... both lightweight and have a great range.

I had a Tamron 17-50 F2.8 and a flash, both of which I sold awhile back because someone paid me what they were going for brand new because they needed them asap.

I may wait until August to see what improvements Canon makes to the G12

Back