sell the 3080 x2 for a 4090?

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
I have 2x 3080 evga 10gb cards that i ordered about 3 months ago with a pre built system. I am really wondering if i should go founder 4090. The company wants 2k for the card. I did get a bonus of $2,500 and i could sell the cards for $500 each as i work offshore and they have every little use. Or i could build out a second system as i have a 12900k on my desk and a 13900k in system the second system could get one of the 3080's and render 24/7 for the 3 weeks i am in when i always come home and i won't have the heat. Its just i don't want to get stuck again not being able to get a card for 2 years. Did anyone want a 4090 and then just feel like keeping the 3080?

I went from a 3080 to a 4090, best choice ever. I use if for playing in VR and the difference is huge, finally VR like it should be.

i said fuck it and bought the card from falcon north west. They told me the first month was new builds only but now they have enough founders to sell to owners if they wanted to upgrade and i wanted to so i did.

I would not think twice on a upgrade from a 10 gig 3080 to a 4090. If you are planning on using it. Wasted money if you don't plan on Using it. I myself would have it working within the hour of receiving it.

i said fuck it and bought the card from falcon north west. They told me the first month was new builds only but now they have enough founders to sell to owners if they wanted to upgrade and i wanted to so i did.
How much are they selling it for?

I have 2x 3080 evga 10gb cards that i ordered about 3 months ago with a pre built system. I am really wondering if i should go founder 4090. The company wants 2k for the card. I did get a bonus of $2,500 and i could sell the cards for $500 each as i work offshore and they have every little use. Or i could build out a second system as i have a 12900k on my desk and a 13900k in system the second system could get one of the 3080's and render 24/7 for the 3 weeks i am in when i always come home and i won't have the heat. Its just i don't want to get stuck again not being able to get a card for 2 years. Did anyone want a 4090 and then just feel like keeping the 3080?
Most definitely keep one of them for a backup rig. Ditch the second one asap. I have a 3080Ti Hydrocopper and a 3070 in the back up rig. I don't want to put more food in Jenson's kids mouths. I'd rather wait for prices to deflate when the 5000 series rears It's ugly price inflated head. Then I'll get a 4090 and save $$$.

1970$ I know it’s a little high but I did get a $2500 bonus and selling old card so. Also make 385$ a day when I’m working.
My man over here telling Falcon Northwest to take his fun coupons!

giphy.gif

Are you saying you are still profitable mining on those 10GB 3080's?
If so what are you mining btw?
PS- most here assume you are rocking an OC gaming rig and base their advice on that.

I use side fx Houdini with redshift 3d render and I work 42 days on and 21 days off. Looking back I should have gone with a salvo studios water cool case and built my own but the guys house caught on fire, and he no longer sells the case I also try to under volt every thing the best I can

Back