Sell my 3007wfp Dell for 3, 23in lcd's for eyefinity?

Want to know if it would be worth it for me to sell my dell 30 to go eyefinity? I can't afford to get 2 more 30's. I havn't seen the eyefinity in person, but it looks like it would be alot more immersive with 3, 22-24inch monitors then with just my 30inch. What are you all's thoughts. Thanks

I work from home, my work computer and monitors are on one side of my desk and my gamming setup is on the other side. My 30inch is only used for internet and gamming. When surffing I only run it at 1280x800. So pretty much this setup is only used for gaming and I game 5-8 hours a day.

Having a bezel in the image pretty much kills multimonitor gaming for me. This is why I like my 30".

Gettin rid of my 30" was a very hard decision, but I now do not regret it one bit as I love, love, love my three Dell U2410s! I would recommend you sell your 3008 and get three U2410s if your gonna do it because you don't get enough height with 1080p monitors.

0506201017057.jpg

I think three 24" is wide too wide of a wide. It is tooo squash.

One 30" and two 20" (protrait) would be a deadly combo.

I got a 30" because I will eventually buy two more. It's not going to happen anytime soon but I would like to have them buy December. Hopefully the new generation of cards should be able to push them better. I can't spend $400+ on a monitor that's not 30". I must have IPS monitos and that can get pricey fast no matter what config. I also like the 20+30+20 idea above me.

Last edited:
Gettin rid of my 30" was a very hard decision, but I now do not regret it one bit as I love, love, love my three Dell U2410s! I would recommend you sell your 3008 and get three U2410s if your gonna do it because you don't get enough height with 1080p monitors.

0506201017057.jpg

What keyboard are you using in that picture?

I think three 24" is wide too wide of a wide. It is tooo squash.

One 30" and two 20" (protrait) would be a deadly combo.

I agree with you 100%, I have tried different configurations and 20-30-20 is the best for work. It's a hard call it's work vs gaming right.

I agree with you 100%, I have tried different configurations and 20-30-20 is the best for work. It's a hard call it's work vs gaming right.

I hope this is possible soon, not only I will save a ton of cash but it's better to have one large center screen.

Yea I would really like to do the 20-30-20 setup also. Getting 2 more 30s is about 1400 dollors. Where I can sell my 30 I have now and add about 100-200 with it and get 3, 23inch samsungs from work.

To the OP: What do you plan to do with the 3 monitors?

Eyefinity is a gaming solution. Just running 3 monitors is not strictly limited to Eyefinity. If you want 3 gaming monitors, make sure those Samsungs from work are decent gaming monitors before you consider going that route. You should still be able to find 3 23" monitors online without going too far over budget, but if you're buying this setup to get work done, I agree that 3 x 1080p monitors may not be the best setup.

Honestly I went from a 30" to 3 x 23" and I feel like I want to go back to a 30" + maybe a 20" on the side for extra windows/programming.

That's me personally, I'd check it out in person first...

Back