Sell my 1080ti?

Those of you who feel so strongly about taking advantage of the supply and demand situation can now find a manager at a MC or contact the owner and voice your complaints. Go for it!

Those of you who feel so strongly about taking advantage of the supply and demand situation can now find a manager at a MC or contact the owner and voice your complaints. Go for it!

I don't blame them. I hope it upsets the bitcoin people tho.

I don't blame them. I hope it upsets the bitcoin people tho.

I loaded up 90% of my cards 2 months ago.

My average buy price for 1070s is $414 and 1070 Tis is $466. 15 1070s, 26 1070 Ti's.

The only "miners" who are paying those kinds of prices are the folks who are.. new. Us seasoned mining vets are more discerning than anyone in this kind of market.

I'm a bandwagoner since I just started a couple months ago. Still got my aorus for msrp though. Same with the titan xp I just got. Not that the latter was a "good deal" even at msrp.

Rest assured GPU seekers I am done buying for a while. :p

My microcenter currently shows 10+ ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX ROG Overclocked 11GB GDDR5X GAMING Video Cards in stock for $1500.

No idea if that's also in the flyer.. wish I could see the flyer online.

You know all these people who are trying to mine now are essentially ruining it. More miners, more hash, more difficulty, and less incentive.

Depending on how many take this up it could reach a point where people start quitting and because of that you'll see relief in the gpu supply side.

My microcenter currently shows 10+ ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX ROG Overclocked 11GB GDDR5X GAMING Video Cards in stock for $1500.

No idea if that's also in the flyer.. wish I could see the flyer online.
It is indeed. Top left of page #15. Same SKU# as the one they show online for $1,500.

If you do go visit the store let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• asus.jpg
    asus.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 97
I would raise hell over that if they refused to honor it. Especially in light of the fact the $1500 price is profiteering.

Yeah planning on trying in the next hour or so... need to upgrade my son's pc.

You know all these people who are trying to mine now are essentially ruining it. More miners, more hash, more difficulty, and less incentive.

Depending on how many take this up it could reach a point where people start quitting and because of that you'll see relief in the gpu supply side.

Most of these cards are going to hit ebay within only a couple of months when these people start realizing that they are barely breaking even with energy costs.

I'm glad I got my Ti when I did, but if I wanted one now i'd just wait until the summer for electricity prices to go up and all these cards will be dumping onto the used market.

Ebay is a great place to pick up the used ones. The buyers are the only ones with any rights and can screw sellers over at will. No fees on the buyer.

I can't speak for anyone else. I run mine 60-65c 24/7 right now. Well within the margins of acceptability and the gpu should be perfectly fine if someone buys it. Not skerd.

It is indeed. Top left of page #15. Same SKU# as the one they show online for $1,500.

If you do go visit the store let us know how it goes.

Nope!!! Walked In and seen all there flyers removed so I figured it would be an instant no.

Then I run into a salesman and ask him for the card and said om.. and I asked him if there going to price match there current flyer and he says... what flyer?? I said your current flyer which shows the price of $779.99. He said nope.. we don't have any flyers!

So I said ok.. can you ring it up and see what the price is. Mind you there's currently 4 others sales guys standing around cause there not selling anything..

He says without runing it up thst it's $1499.99. I said well that's strange cause your current add states 779.99 and everyone online was saying that your price matching your current add and thst the current price quoted is to just scare away miners or resellers.

He looks scared and says ok well I can ask a manager up front. He comes and walks over and says we don't have any current flyers cause we pulled t hrm when we raised the prices..

I then say so if I go home and grab the flyer and come back you won't honor the price in the flyer?? She says no.

I say ok. I guess I'll just buy direct from the manufacturer at the regular retail price.

Btw she looked scared as well and nervous.

Like what I'm I the first guy that's tried to get them to price match there own add???

They have not sold a single card at $1500! Haha

Pissed me off and I don't know if I can use microcenter in the future now after this shit.. I've spent a shit ton of money with them over the past 10 years.

Well I just got back from micro center... 40 minute drive to buy a titan xp and they had 3 before I left the house. I get there and they're sold out... So im def not selling my 1080ti now...
you need to buy online so they hold them for ya.

Nope!!! Walked In and seen all there flyers removed so I figured it would be an instant no.

Then I run into a salesman and ask him for the card and said om.. and I asked him if there going to price match there current flyer and he says... what flyer?? I said your current flyer which shows the price of $779.99. He said nope.. we don't have any flyers!

So I said ok.. can you ring it up and see what the price is. Mind you there's currently 4 others sales guys standing around cause there not selling anything..

He says without runing it up thst it's $1499.99. I said well that's strange cause your current add states 779.99 and everyone online was saying that your price matching your current add and thst the current price quoted is to just scare away miners or resellers.

He looks scared and says ok well I can ask a manager up front. He comes and walks over and says we don't have any current flyers cause we pulled t hrm when we raised the prices..

I then say so if I go home and grab the flyer and come back you won't honor the price in the flyer?? She says no.

I say ok. I guess I'll just buy direct from the manufacturer at the regular retail price.

Like what I'm I the first guy that's tried to get them to price match there own add???

Pissed me off and I don't know if I can use microcenter in the future now after this shit.. I've spent a shit ton of money with them over the past 10 years.

You should have called their corporate headquarters right there on the spot.

Yeah they got product and ain't serious about selling it.

Last edited:
Micro Center Corporate Offices
4119 Leap Rd
Hilliard, OH
(614) 850-3000

Really.. pisses me off bad enough to just pay off the mc card and close it and sell of my 2 systems and walk away.

Last edited:
Won't let me link to reddet.. so remove the space.

https ://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/7rzu4q/meta_microcenter_is_having_special_instore/

Looks like there was a secret phrase or something that I had to say to get the stupid price.

Ya got buy pc hardware like gpu and motherboard or something to show your building a damn pc to get the cheaper price.

Just bullshit how 5 fucking salesmen standing there seeing that I'm pissed off about the price and none of them say a fucking word about a fucking special announced promotion going!!

It even the fucking old women manager could say shit but f you about the damn flyer price.

Really pissed me off that I've dealt with this salesman a 100x in the past and I'm sure he k we who I was.

So hopefully he's reading this fucking thread!!

F U

I would of easily bought a damn 8700k cpu and Asus mb right there for fucking cash! Not wasted my fucking gas driving there and back for nothing.

Also no idea what the full discount is on the 1080ti.. seen quote of like 2-300 for 1060-1070 cards.. nothing quoted for 1080 and 1080ti.

Last edited:
I'd be pissed too. What a stupid situation. That flyer should be honored period end of story.

I'd be pissed too. What a stupid situation. That flyer should be honored period end of story.

Seriously; they usually have an expiration date; they should just hold the stock in the back till after that if they need to get $1500 apiece for these things that badly.

The shortage is apparently really hurting the retailers, though. Without graphics cards, apparently, no one builds a PC at all, and that means they're not selling much of anything.

Seriously; they usually have an expiration date; they should just hold the stock in the back till after that if they need to get $1500 apiece for these things that badly.

The shortage is apparently really hurting the retailers, though. Without graphics cards, apparently, no one builds a PC at all, and that means they're not selling much of anything.

Exactly! There's quite a few mc stores in the country that have cards and I guess want to piss off a whole lot of customers by adding insult to injury!

Yeah there's a shortage.. I guess but as soon as there stores get more they Jack the price up almost twice the normal cost and everyone will be happy!

I can see a extra couple hundred but wow there worse then eBay basicly! Haha

Sounds like a good business move to keep those happy customers coming back over and over again in the future!

I can also see them making you buy system parts with it to prevent people from just buying to flip them.. I mean they can't sell pc parts for new builds without vga cards in the shop..

The part that pissed me off is they won't even tell ya that!! It's a secret handshake sale.. or your just gona not look at the price of the video card first and have them ring up everything and then here the total.. if you then complain about the price of $1500 for the video they say oh no no.. there's an added discount for the video card let me get a manager to adjust the price.. but if you have no idea it's wrong they gladly take your money!

Thanks for the update. Screwed up situation for sure. Last Wednesday my MC had three racks full of fliers - hundreds of them. Bet they're all in the dumpster now.

Is it even legal for them to not honor an advertised deal?

Which reminds me ... I have two fliers for sale = $50 each. :p

Seriously though. If anyone in the USA wants me to mail them one hit me up in PM. Says prices are good Jan 15th to 28th.

Back