Self-assemble Footwear

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
You tired of paying big bucks for those shoes from Nike and Adidas that are all built by a bunch of 7 year old kids from somewhere "over there?" KI ECOBE is looking to remedy the child sweatshop problem, where you fix this, by becoming the sweatshop yourself. So get off the couch fattie, and lace one up!

Check out the video.

Quite frankly, the damn things look like they would make good driving shoes.

Haven't bought a shoe that wasn't a quality boot in so many years...this ain't changing my mind.

Yeah, they do look like driving shoes. The CEO has been in the industry for 25 years, so this looks promising. However, this looks like a great shoe for people with tiny flat feet. It will be interesting to see how they accommodate people with large, wide feet with arches. The health problems for factory workers due to materials used is very real.

Yes, let's take away the one job that those kids who work in sweatshops can get. It may not be ideal, but it's better than starving. Better idea would be to simply improve the working conditions and take a dollar less profit per pair of the damn shoes. Making the consumer the one to blame for the employer's greed? Seems like nothing ever changes. Why do so many excuse abhorrent behavior on the part of the people who are actually guilty of it?

Haven't bought a shoe that wasn't a quality boot in so many years...this ain't changing my mind.

Pretty much same. Steel toe that I can run in if need be and walk in for 12+ hours a day. Those things wouldn't last a few days of actual wear and tear.

I refuse to buy these "shoes". I'm taking away jobs from those sweaty kids if I buy some.

The beatings, humiliation and suffering make my shoes more comfortable. That's the premium I assume I'm paying for.

So they're more than 4x what I've been paying for shoes. And that's the earlybird price. I'll just keep buying my $15 pieces of shiat every 14 months and feel guilty.

Heh.. I have a hard enough time finding size 14 4E shoes with good arch support...damn.

Reactions: blkt
like this
So they're more than 4x what I've been paying for shoes. And that's the earlybird price. I'll just keep buying my $15 pieces of shiat every 14 months and feel guilty.

You keep feeling guilty, I wont. I like cheap.

You keep feeling guilty, I wont. I like cheap.

I like cheap, too. Liking cheap doesn't mean you're incapable of recognizing the possibility that where that cheap stuff comes from, humans are exploited.

I like cheap, too. Liking cheap doesn't mean you're incapable of recognizing the possibility that where that cheap stuff comes from, humans are exploited.

One mans exploitation is another's fair wage.

I'm surprised, they don't look too terrible. Since it's just a couple shells I bet it would fit my wide feet fairly well. Still too hipster for me, but I'm impressed.

They don't look very sturdy. and the different parts may move around while walking. so while it sounds like a good concept, just no.

Back