Selecting an AM3+ chip

Latest bios? All the latest updates for Windows 10? Oh, what video card please.

Yeah everything is up to date - one thing I found weird is the USB 3.1 driver completely wrecks the OS, it won't even boot to safe mode if you install it. I had to re-install from scratch twice before I realized what did it. GPU is a 1070 Strix.

Damnit... I need a new PSU. I plug it in and the power light comes on, and when I hit the power button the other lights blink and the fans spin about 1/4 inch, but nothing else happens. This is the same thing that was happening before hooking up this setup. The only things in common between this system and the one with the Gigabyte board that wouldn't boot either is the case and the PSU. Guess I'll just be using my phone to browse the web for a week or so, before I'll be able to see how the new mobo-CPU combo work. Not too big of a deal. I can stay pretty busy with work, other hobbies, and spending time with the wife.

Did you get a new power supply yet?

Oh, yea, I forgot to update here. lol
I picked up an EVGA supernova G2 gold 850. Everything boots up perfectly now. Though I think running on a failing PSU for so long damaged one of my HDDs. Gparted shows that it has over 2k bad sectors. This was after I tried to install Win7 on it and the install kept failing. I planned on getting a bigger drive for storage eventually, I guess it'll replace this one instead of just being added to the total.

Oh, yea, I forgot to update here. lol
I picked up an EVGA supernova G2 gold 850. Everything boots up perfectly now. Though I think running on a failing PSU for so long damaged one of my HDDs. Gparted shows that it has over 2k bad sectors. This was after I tried to install Win7 on it and the install kept failing. I planned on getting a bigger drive for storage eventually, I guess it'll replace this one instead of just being added to the total.

Can you get away with a RMA for the HDD in question ?

Back