Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

This guy is hard if you don't deflect which I didn't know about till mid game you press your guard on your button just spam it and it blocks the attacks.

how on Earth do you not know about deflecting until mid-game???...it's literally one of the first things they teach you in the first 5 minutes...how did you even make it to mid-game without deflecting?...I think you said you cheat in most games so I guess that explains it...

Last edited:
Holy shit, I just defeated Gyoubu Oniwa with only one death! I am starting to git gud....or at least be less crap at this game. Is it worth curing dragon rot?

Nobody ever dies (unless you kill them) so there is no rush for the cure.
It also doesn't really affect the game much, as the not lose half your shit proc is way too unreliable.

Beat the Blazing Bull on my third attempt...

preview_908a41af.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I found blazing bull to be one of the easiest bosses. no stupid ass timing patterns to learn. just move so that you are always in an arc to his behind. :D

Not my style to cheat. :smuggrin:

except for a few ending bosses the real difficulty with Sekiro is from a lot of the mini-bosses...

So far that is consistent with my experience, I found the first mini-boss to be brutally difficult especially when trying to come to grips with the meta-game and importance of stance/deflections. Lady Butterfly was also exasperating to deal with, it might be possible to defeat her with some actual mastery and style rather than cheesing it but I honestly couldn't be bothered trying to figure it out.

LOL I found blazing bull to be one of the easiest bosses. no stupid ass timing patterns to learn. just move so that you are always in an arc to his behind. :D

Not cool to rain on my parade dude...:p:cool:

The Blazing Bull was the closest thing Sekiro had to a Dark Souls style boss IMO. You basically just keep working your way toward its hind legs and just keep swinging and dodging. From a distance, shurikens will chip his life away way more than you might expect, too. You can try to parry, but it's more effective to just stay out of danger completely.

I felt like the toughest fights were the ones where you have to stand in the line of fire and alternate dodging, jumping, parrying, mikiri, lightning, etc. without much warning. Those were stressful bouts. Fights where you only have to worry about 1-2 usually aren't too bad. Genichiro was probably the point in the game where I felt good about how I was playing. Prior to him, I mostly just played like Dark Souls with a bunch a stealth tossed in. That fight forces you to get better at the other mechanics.

how on Earth do you not know about about deflecting until mid-game???...it's literally one of the first things they teach you in the first 5 minutes...how did you even make it to mid-game without deflecting?...I think you said you cheat in most games so I guess that explains it...

They don't teach you spam deflecting.

Finally beat that mother fucker Seven Spears Ashina boss....holy fuck that bastard was tough.

Which is the best option for Kotaro when deciding which pinwheel to give him?

if you want to make him happy then the pure white one, if you want to upgrade the merchant then the striped.

Which is the best option for Kotaro when deciding which pinwheel to give him?

happy but boring ending for Kotaro, give him the White pinwheel...better gameplay options are to either send him to the doctor in Abandoned Dungeon or send him to the peddler in Ashina Outskirts

From memory, being able to buy tons of Divine Confetti is the only real perk of the additional Peddler items. It's definitely helpful to have access to it, but not essential.

everyone gets the divine confetti, stockpile also on snap seeds, but after that there is really not much to spend money on

I remember Madame Butterfly being one of the toughest foes in the game. Mainly just because of when you're actually facing her. By the time you get to Genichiro and the later bosses, you're a lot more stout. Early on you die quickly and you aren't dishing out nearly as much damage.

after multiple playthroughs the mini-bosses are the real challenge- those 3-4 Lone Shadow enemies are the toughest

Who said snake eyes was tough? Just need to cheese the fucker really hard. Wouldn't be nearly as difficult if the space you fight him in wasn't so confined.

I really love this game. Re-Playing through it now. I'm amazed that I was able to jump back in and be somewhat decent, i've memorized most of the fights so much.

I really love this game. Re-Playing through it now. I'm amazed that I was able to jump back in and be somewhat decent, i've memorized most of the fights so much.

I replayed it about a month ago and beat each boss within 3 attempts, I was kind of surprised with myself since I didn't play since the first or second month after release.

Half the battle in Sekiro is fighting the urge to dodge everything. Kind of like in Dark Souls, half the battle is rolling forward rather than back. Between that and the amount of pattern memorization some fights take, I dunno if Sekiro will ever be as hard as the first 1/2 of the game the first time you play it.

He doesnt even fight the bosses just jumps over everything and glitches map to map.

Last edited:
This guy has some amazing skips. I like the ones where they make unexpected jumps to make huge skips. I dislike the ones where they exploit 3d geometry (allowed in any%) to skip sections. anyway very cool.

jeez i am thinking about buying this game. am i going to put my head thought the monitor?

jeez i am thinking about buying this game. am i going to put my head thought the monitor?

Do you have any experiences with Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh, or even Jedi Fallen Order? If so, it'll at least feel familiar. The real key to doing well is to remember that the game wants you to parry like 75-80% of attacks. It's easy to think you can dodge or even jump most attacks, but it's usually a bad idea. Once you fight the urge to jump/dodge and embrace parrying more, it's not that bad. There are 2-3 really, really tough bosses but most of the game is way easier than From's other games.

actually looking at Dark Souls 3,Sekiro and RDR2.

Those are all pretty solid games. DS3 is my favorite of those, but Sekiro isn't too far behind.
RDR2 starts off really slow and doesn't pick up until you're several hours in. Basically, whenever you end up in the equivalent of Mississippi and Louisiana. I also found many basic things to be incredibly tedious. Still, when the game hits stride, it's really good. It's also really long. If you're looking to kill time, it's an all-time great.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
I'm still waiting for some Sekiro DLC :D

the hype for Elden Ring is bigger then any other From Soft game...

generally if you have good reflexes and are good at fighting games then sekiro should be easy for you. if your reflexes suck, like mine, you will have problems. for boss encounters you typically have 3 responses to any attack, dodge, jump, or block. if you guess wrong then you get punished, often 3/4 of your health gone. Leveling up helps but very little. there also is not much build diversity. but fromsoft world building is fantastic.

note, if you have not played DS1 remastered it is probably cheaper and one of the best games ever.

OT: I love these quotes...

“It was never our real motive for From Software to be the Dark Souls-only company.”- Hidetaka Miyazaki, 2016 [President of Fromsoftware]

“I feel that From Software’s title lineup will need a little more variation…We have dark fantasies like Dark Souls, of course, but I’d also like for us to make more mech games like Armored Core, or Asian style titles like Tenchu or Otogi: Myth of Demons. From Software used have a lot more rather quirky titles.”- Miyazaki 2014

Just keep in mind if you hit a wall your only choice is to keep trying until you bust through. There's is no summoning in this game so you are alone in this journey.

Back