Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay Revealed

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
From Software, the developers behind the Dark Souls series, published a trailer for their next title at the Tokyo Game Show last year. Since then, Game Informer has been covering the upcoming title extensively, and they just recently got a chance to sit down and try the game themselves. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is scheduled to come out on March 22, 2019.

Check out the gameplay video here.

During our trip to the studio, we played the game for several areas and explored a new area called Hirata Estates. The area is technically a flashback, taking place three years before the events of the main game and helps to explain Sekiro's relationship with a character known as the "young lord". Watch the video above to see new gameplay from Hirata Estates as Game Informer's Dan Tack and Suriel Vazquez explain what stood out to them.

Edit: Was thinking of the wrong game.

This one looks like it could be interesting, but may be similar to Nioh, a Samurai-esque Dark Souls.

Was really interested until finding out it was single player only.

Darksouls and such was fun for me because I enjoyed playing with friends so much. Removing that, makes it kind of meh for me.

Was really interested until finding out it was single player only.

Darksouls and such was fun for me because I enjoyed playing with friends so much. Removing that, makes it kind of meh for me.

It started as a Tenchu game. One of the best ninja games to ever grace the PS1. People expecting another Dark Souls is going to be very disappointed. FYI they confirmed a pause button.

It's a sin we never got a proper Tenchu sequel. I'm very excited for this game.

I think I have PTSD from playing Nioh. Since this is single player I hope they put difficulty adjustments in it.

I was hoping the earlier footage was alpha stuff but its a bummer that there is such a large drop in geometric detail, from Dark Souls 3. Visually, this looks like a cross-gen game (PS3 to PS4).

Shadows die twice? Considering its From Software, I suspect they die many more times than that.

Back