Seiki Pro SM40UNP 40"/ SM32UNP 30"4K LED Monitors

Has anyone subscribed to this thread who pre-ordered the SM40UNP on Amazon received a shipping notice or an estimated ship date?

Just curious because it appears that Seiki has missed their original shipping target...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
missing shipping targets is most likely a good thing on this monitor- it implies that Seiki discovered something wrong with it and are trying to fix it before putting it on shelves.

missing shipping targets is most likely a good thing on this monitor- it implies that Seiki discovered something wrong with it and are trying to fix it before putting it on shelves.

Looking on the bright side :)

Even though it's a bit out of my price range, Does this 40" monitor do 4:4:4:?

I'm curious if anyone knows when Seiki will release their 4k TV's with HDMI 2.0?

I Really want to purchase a 37"- 50" 4k TV for similar prices Seiki had with their 1st gen 4k TV's.

Between $350 to $600 and i really hope they do 4:4:4: chroma, as i spend equal time reading and gaming.

am i understanding it correctly that images will be stretched by~2%?

i read somewhere that a version with DP 1.3 is coming out Q2 2015? why would seiki do that?

Seiki says it should be in stock next week:

nd8y0j.png

https://www.facebook.com/seikidigital

Why does Seiki not service the European market? They don't sound like a US company, and most Asian companies either stick to the Asian market or go global. Just curious.

Looks like this monitor/display has a 'Semi-Gloss' anti-reflective coating on it - same as the Philips. I was kind of hoping for a 'Matte' finish on this for up-close viewing and to minimize reflections. :(

11008642_809850125767396_6661288165719510823_o.jpg

so how does this monitor justify a $200 price premium over the philips?

anyone located images of this monitor internals? i am itching to know which panel/tcon and main board it uses

I'm surprised it's not adjustable. (I was certain I read elsewhere that it was.) Well... guess I'm getting the Philips then. An adjustable stand was the only thing the Seiki had as an incentive for me to buy it.

First of all I'm thrilled to see 40 inch monitors being released later this year.

Seiki introduced a 40 inch 4K TV one or two years ago for about $500, and I'm interested in why this monitor costs about twice that. Is this the general trend with monitors? If not, any speculation as to what goes into the price difference?

Last edited:
Seiki doesn't even understand that their monitor isn't matte, and the monitor was supposed to be released in February. Almost everything they say is wrong.

2ia7ea8.png

First of all I'm thrilled to see 40 inch monitors being released later this year.

Seiki introduced a 40 inch 4K TV one or two years ago for about $500, and I'm interested in why this monitor costs about twice that. Is this the general trend with monitors? If not, any speculation as to what goes into the price difference?

until we see what eletronic boards this monitor uses, none can tell wheter Seiki is overpricing a POS or selling a golden nugget for bargain price.

The competing Philips 40" is the best monitor available for many usage scenarios and costs $200 less...

Oddly, I had to cancel my order from a month ago(it said my monitor would be delivered middle of next week) and place a new order. I should have mine tomorrow afternoon after selecting Saturday delivery. I just returned a Philips 40" a few days ago so I should be able to make a slightly informed comparison.

Note: The Philips had something loose in it causing the backlight to flood the entire screen intermittently. I liked it a lot for the week I had it, though.

I would like a good comparison in your opinion.
They main thing keeping me from buying this is the 1 year warranty.

But I would like to know if it has a better picture compared to the Phillips.

I registered on this forum for this review Tol, don't disappoint!

And thanks for helping us decide if this is worth the $1k or not.

Ha. Well, my time with the Philips was extremely limited. Considering the same panel, I expect them to be the same. I'll certainly post any differences I notice.

Won't be home again until later tonight and the tequila is free at this event I'm at...I may not be in the best of shape when I'm trying the monitor for the first time.

Ha. Well, my time with the Philips was extremely limited. Considering the same panel, I expect them to be the same.

Then why did you switch to the Seiki which costs more?

BTW The electronics matter just as much as the panel.

My Philips was broken. I decided it was worth the wait for a USA release. The Philips is back in Korea with its broken backlight.

Back