Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV $426

Happy00000

Limp Gawd
Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV is $426.60 now at Amazon.

Linky.

Update: $577 now.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
saw this the checked the 50", it's $659 - $840 off. That's a pretty good sale if the TV's any good

As soon as they can get these cheap 4k sets up to 60hz @ 4k I will be all over one of these

What's the respond time for this?
This could potentially be a PC monitor.

Depends on what exactly you want to use it for. I bought the 55 inch recently for use in PC flight sims, where my FPS rarely exceeds 30 anyway -- and it's awesome.

Don't forget that chase is offering 5% cash back on purchase from Amazon, you need to activate it first. In for 1 :D

Does 2560 work at 60Hz on the 39in?

I no longer am playing PC games (and if I did, I could on my plasma). So Im considering selling my 120hz Qnix 2560 + ASUS IPS 24in 1080P and replacing them with a 4k set. Only thing that concerns me is watching game streams or other videos at 60fps, and how other video content that isnt a movie would look at 30Hz.

The question is, how is the upscale circuit in there -- aside from a PC all source you will plug in is 1080p (or even 720p from a console).

Went ahead and got a "pristine" open box one with 3yr squartrade for $400, and 3x points back on the Amazon Visa. Just giving it a try to see how desktop use is. Going back if I dont like it.

The question is, how is the upscale circuit in there -- aside from a PC all source you will plug in is 1080p (or even 720p from a console).

Consoles send 1080P, they do upscaling at the source. The TV is fine upscaling 1080P to 4K from what Ive seen, but not 1440P.

If I was in the market for a new TV right now I'd be all over the 50" model. I almost bought one anyway.

edit: I'm still considering pulling the trigger anyway. Camel shows this as coming down from $1500 in the last 6 months, and the reviews are solid. I won't even use the 4k feature as I'm still firmly locked in 1080p everything, but for the screen size and other features the price is outstanding.

Last edited:
Forgive the question, but will this do 4k@30hz connecting the HDMI of a 680GTX to the HDMI of the monitor, or do it require displayport and a converter?

its HDMI for 4k30hz, and yes, your 680 should be able to display that.

If I was in the market for a new TV right now I'd be all over the 50" model. I almost bought one anyway.

edit: I'm still considering pulling the trigger anyway. Camel shows this as coming down from $1500 in the last 6 months, and the reviews are solid. I won't even use the 4k feature as I'm still firmly locked in 1080p everything, but for the screen size and other features the price is outstanding.

If you aren't using it for a monitor, there are far better TV deals. The 4k res for desktop is the only reason to get one.

HDMI 2.0 would require a hardware change, if memory serves, so this model will never be able to do 4K at 60Hz.

Can it do 1080p at 120Hz?

HDMI 2.0 would require a hardware change, if memory serves, so this model will never be able to do 4K at 60Hz.

Can it do 1080p at 120Hz?

Not the 39in. The 50 supposedly does.

Its always been "120hz" but it drops frames over 60. 720p is 120hz though.

I got it dropped off by UPS right before I had to leave for work, got it out of the box and the stand connected and that was about it. Can't wait until tonight when I hook it up, I downloaded the StarCitizen "Domestic Emergency" UHD(4K) trailer to test out on it. I also got some great news on my twitter feed right before the TV arrived that Plex now supports Chromecast streaming, I know its not 4K, but it means I will enjoy a lot more content out in the living room.

On a side note, the 39" with bezel is actually smaller than my Westinghouse 37" to it will fit in my entertainment center better :D

Who on earth buys a 4K monitor / tv to use it at 720p???

No one I hope.

Got mime, remote missing from the box. Markings all over the screen which took a good 15mim to clean. Screen panel is very fragile, slightest touch cause a large portion of the screen to be impressed. Terrible uniformity, two dead pixels (more like clusters since they are approximately 2mm each which is way bigger them one pixel should be). Color has a strong red push and orange skin tones without enough settings to fix.

Calibrated what I could. Contrast is decent with strong bright whites. Uniformity can't really be seen during gaming or with an image on the screen.

Overall, being returned. Don't know if its a really bad sample or not, but I'm guessing even the best wouldn't be much better.

Sounds like you got screwed, mine was clean and no dead pixels (remote is small). I will need to take some time to adjust the color, but for now its OK for a TV.

EDIT: Something weird with this TV, when I plug my notebook in it recognizes the display as a 3D panel. I'm gonna try and take my old 3D Vision emitter and test it on the weekend, but this might be a nice little perk. Just watched Skyfall on it at 1080p@24, no complaints what so ever.

Last edited:
I'd tread carefully at this point, the reasons for which may occur to you only after you realize you've been too careless.

I also bought a pristine warehouse model at 396$. Arrived and bottom right corner was broken, panel was fine though. Chatted with repgot 40$ refund :)

Mine's been great thus far. I do need to flash the latest firmware though, as the screen blanking is similar to what I experienced when I purchased the 50" Seiki in May of this year.

I'm please with it so far and the performance of the Radeon 7750 (tiny card) has been great

Back