Segway Drift W1 Self Balancing Roller Skates Are Available for Preorder

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Segway Drift W1 self balancing roller skate has an announced preorder price of $399. They feature a Bluetooth connection for speed limit control by a smartphone. The e-Skates only weigh 7.7 lbs and feature 45 minutes of battery life with a top speed of 7.5 mph.

Every Drift W1 pre-order comes with a free helmet. The Segway Drift W1 e-Skates are lightweight, portable and extremely unique. Designed for maximum comfort and fun the Drift W1 is the perfect product to usher in a new type of personal transportation. Product should be available to ship in mid-August 2018.

What I really wanted to say is that someone is going to break their arse with these. If they ship in August and you break your leg by September; at least you have more than 6 - 8 weeks to be healed up by the holidays. I found this SPONSORED video of a guy riding them and he had to admit that he was scared.

broken-leg-guy_fb_962001.jpg

What I really wanted to say is that someone is going to break their arse with these. If they ship in August and you break your leg by September; at least you have more than 6 - 8 weeks to be healed up by the holidays. I found this SPONSORED video of a guy riding them and he had to admit that he was scared.

Edit:

Last edited:
Rubber's not going to last very long on those skates at all...

What was wrong with rollerblading? Nobody needed $400 to split their head open rollerblading.

Is this rollerblading for people that have no sense of balance or rollerblades you don't need to lift your legs for?

My old K2's cost well more than $400...

Well, OK, I get that. In the 90's I had a custom Autococker (paintball gun) that cost me over $1,000.00. Expensive rollerblades, expensive paintball gun, but we didn't need them. What I'm sayin' is, we could have hurt ourselves just as well for a lot less.

P.S. That's all I'm sayin'. Kids these days aren't sufficient. We didn't need ZR1 Kayabusa's or electric skates to put ourselves in the hospital, hell, a hose, a hill, a box of garbage bags and a case of Rainier was all we needed. I remember putting a Volkswagon bug into a tree with nothing more than a bottle of schnapps and great indifference to someone else's pain.

P.P.S. And a package of bottle rockets. But the bottle rockets had nothing to do with lifting the car. And I don't count the cost of the Volkswagon, that was a sunken cost, if something in a tree can be a sunken cost.

Last edited:
Well, OK, I get that. In the 90's I had a custom Autococker (paintball gun) that cost me over $1,000.00. Expensive rollerblades, expensive paintball gun, but we didn't need them. What I'm sayin' is, we could have hurt ourselves just as well for a lot less.

P.S. That's all I'm sayin'. Kids these days aren't sufficient. We didn't need ZR1 Kayabusa's or electric skates to put ourselves in the hospital, hell, a hose, a hill, a box of garbage bags and a case of Rainier was all we needed. I remember putting a Volkswagon bug into a tree with nothing more than a bottle of schnapps and great indifference to someone else's pain.

P.P.S. And a package of bottle rockets. But the bottle rocket had nothing to do with lifting the car.

Only had a grand in your AC? What a nub !

I spent that on my Bushmaster and Redline... which where pre autocockers.

Hey now, this was before the really fancy stuff came out. My barrel was a ported brass Palmer Pursuit, that was *the shit* at the time.

I had a Palmer front block, only way to go! Barrel was the Freak set. Played year round with lots of different paint and got tired of carrying 10 different barrels. Damn the memories. So much fun

Will be fun seeing videos later on of people on these texting and staring at their gadget while riding on these and crashing into others. The the self balancing wheel goes rolling off and someone else steps on it and breaks their arm/leg, etc. Should make for some good entertainment. It is trippy to see it sitting there balancing on its own for a sec before he gets on them.

Will be fun seeing videos later on of people on these texting and staring at their gadget while riding on these and crashing into others. The the self balancing wheel goes rolling off and someone else steps on it and breaks their arm/leg, etc. Should make for some good entertainment. It is trippy to see it sitting there balancing on its own for a sec before he gets on them.
I'm surprised nobody commented on the fact that the speed limit is controlled by a Bluetooth connection to a smartphone. All you need is one of these guys in the vicinity to have some fun.

Twitter sorry.

Roller skates are faster..

That would be, you know, activity.

I wonder if anyone has done a study on the amount of consumer garbage being consumed by whales versus people who take care of themselves. It might be better for retailers if we're all just wallowing around waiting to be carried or driven around by the fit and healthy underclasses. Or robots.... Personal service robots will sell for a pretty penny, I'd bet.

I wonder if anyone has done a study on the amount of consumer garbage being consumed by whales versus people who take care of themselves. It might be better for retailers if we're all just wallowing around waiting to be carried or driven around by the fit and healthy underclasses. Or robots.... Personal service robots will sell for a pretty penny, I'd bet.

I think the Wall-E movie is pretty on point with where we'll be:
86718006tumblr_kvk1giZWap1qzbmsz.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A0.jpg

The fit/healthy underclasses will be left on Earth with all the garbage to fend for themselves.

Wait ... OMG, kill me now, is the guy in the video wearing a fuchsia t-shirt?! Pack my ass with freshly cut wild basil, I am off to buy Japanese tea linens.

P.S. Maybe it isn't fuchsia. Maybe it's just ... salmon. That's not so bad.

Last edited:
I think the Wall-E movie is pretty on point with where we'll be:
View attachment 91558

The fit/healthy underclasses will be left on Earth with all the garbage to fend for themselves.

I always wondered why they didn't show vegetable people at their perfect weight.. If I'm designing the nutrient slurry for the hairless lard-apes, I'm making it as nutritionally perfect as it can be for complete inactivity.

I always wondered why they didn't show vegetable people at their perfect weight.. If I'm designing the nutrient slurry for the hairless lard-apes, I'm making it as nutritionally perfect as it can be for complete inactivity.
Where else are the machine lords going to get grease from if the meat sacks are slim!?

Back