Seems so simple: Is there a website that allows me to upload an html file + email it?

KevySaysBeNice

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all!

I am working on making some email templates for the company I work for - essentially just html files.

I'd like to be able to test out my html files by sending it to multiple email clients and seeing how it looks. We use a company that does nothing but email for actually sending out our emails, and it is possible to test out emails through their system, however sometimes I don't want to have to login/go through their process just to test out a simple change.

DOes anybody know of any simple, easy, FREE website that will allow me to upload an html file and send it to myself?

Thanks for any pro tips - I'm new at this email thing!

uh, just email it to yourself? I am having a hard time seeing how this is an issue.

You can use one of the many hundreds of upload websites such as Rapidshare, filebeam, etc.

They both allow password protection, and I also believe you can delete a file when you'd like to (so no one can come across it after you finished needing it). You simply upload the file, and email the url to yourself. Then, when you want to fetch the file go to the url and download it.

Last edited:
I don't know if I made my question very clear:

I don't want to email an html file to myself, I want to send myself an email that is comprised of HTML.

For instance, the emails you might get from Apple, or basically any spam/marketing email.

Things like gmail (etc) only allow you to send text email, they don't allow you to insert html elements into an email.

I'd like a web site that allows me to upload a file, and send an email that IS the html I uploaded, not the html as an attachment. The reason for this is that I'd like to test how various email clients handle the html I'm sending. Aka I'd like to test the email!

Thanks all!

if all you want to do is send the emails to yourself, you can build an MTA for this express purpose. It's pretty easy on Linux. not sure about for windows or otherwise.

then, you could send the html as an email... remember that it's still going to have an email header though. you can't get around this.

In Opera's built-in mail client, when you compose, you can select "Use HTML Formatting". Then, you can do "Insert -> HTML" on the toolbar to insert HTML markup.

Also, download http://shadow2531.com/opera/testcases/mht/eml/html5.eml and view it in a text editor to see how the file is composed.

You can compose HTML emails that way by hand. Then, you can load the eml into a client (Outlook express for example) and forward it as inline HTML. You can also import that into Opera and redirect it (although, currently, redirecting will booger up that particular email, but that just seems like a lack of robustness on Opera's part).

Outlook express also has source view where you can edit the HTML of the message you're composing. What you insert usually gets converted to the right format for you.

I think even Thunderbird has an option to insert HTML markup.

With that said though, I can't think of anything that takes an .html file and the files it references and produces a mime message out of them that you can send as an HTML message.

However, if you look at the src of the .eml file, you can see that the HTML section is just straight-up markup. So, assuming you have an HTML file, you could possibly create some server script that reads the .html file, and sends its markup as an HTML message with sendmail. You'd just need to make sure you get all the headers and sections right. Not sure if sendmail is that powerful though.

Back