Seeking KVM

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Can anyone recommend a reliable KVM? Only need two USB outputs and HDMI or DP. It seems like the market these days is flooded with dubious Chinese stuff.

One thing you might consider is getting two separate devices, one for video and one for USB. There were just too many times in the past when I got a KVM and then my needs changed and I was only able to use half of the device at best. First was my really old KVM that became obsolete because it didn't have USB. Then I got a USB KVM and it became obsolete because it only had VGA. Then I got an HDMI+USB KVM and it became mostly obsolete because I needed Displayport to get the most out of my monitor.

So I got:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085915CTB/

And I combined it with:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JQDMYMY/

In my case I only went with a 2-port displayport switch because I ran the video from the 3rd and 4th computers directly into the extra video inputs on my monitor. Works great, price is good, and it's nice not putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak. Downside obviously is that I have to hit two buttons instead of one when I switch devices but it's not a big deal.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok cool, that's an interesting idea.

How do you like the Aimos USB switch? I had something similar by UGREEN but it caused my keyboard to flake out on occasion and died in about a month anyway.

How do you like the Aimos USB switch? I had something similar by UGREEN but it caused my keyboard to flake out on occasion and died in about a month anyway.

I got it back in Jan 2021 and it has worked fine ever since. Although I will say, my monitor has a built-in USB hub. So I have my mouse and keyboard plugged into my monitor, which is then connected to the USB switch. That way the USB ports on the monitor are supplying the power to my devices and the USB switch only has to handle the data.

Ok great, good to know. I was doing the same thing: I had a powered hub connected to the switch.

Back