Seeking help from 2.6C P4 owners...

Hello all, i own a 2.6C and have been trying feverishly to overclock it. the fastest ive been able to get it to run stably at is somewhere areound 2.9ghz and was able to get it to boot @ 3.125...but that was boot and thats about it as it crashed after sitting idle on the desktop for awhile. i am running just stock cooling but have plasn to upgrade to a thermoelectric/water system if it seems that my proccessor can overclock to speeds that would warrent it. is it just the 50C temps that it gets on idle that are making it unstable and crashing or is it that my chip and/or ram cant handle those speads? btw, im running 2 512mb clips of Corsair Value Select DDR400. If there are any owners of the 2.6C out there, could you possibly tell me what ram timings you using? ive tried alot of combinations and tried adjusting voltages but none of it seems to help much. any help would be awesome, including someone jsut telling me to go get a zalman or thermalright and keep it at 2.9 :)

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone,

Lucid

hmm i'm running a prebuilt sony computer with a p4 2.6 and i managed to overclock it to 2.9 without voltage changes or even locking the pci/agp (mobo doesn't support the option :mad: )
but anyways u should be able to get higher, specially since you increased the voltage.

yea, i can also get 2.9 w/o voltage mods but beyond that its starts to fade a lil... :( ive seen people running the 2.6 all the way up to 3.8 or something ridiculous with some TEC/Water cooling...ne one with that wna tell me there timings and voltages so i can try it out?

well i think that you should jus up the voltages... maibe you need to enable the agp/pci lock or lower your ram dividers.

It's all a big crapshoot. That might just be as high as it will go. Of course, increasing cooling (even if it's just adding another exhaust fan and opening up the intake into the case) is never a bad idea.

i can run 2.9 w/o a volt (procc or ram) mod and w/o messing with the timings. with a small timing mod i can get 3.125 to boot...but thats about it. changing the volts does absolutly nothing...ive tried all the way up to 1.7 from 1.55. anyway, are there any owners who have some experience with the 2.6C? thanks again

There has to be somebody on this forum who uses the 2.6C, right? anyway, any help would be much appreciated!

I've overclocked PLENTY of 2.6C to 3.3+Ghz on stock air cooling, try these settings:

Ram divider @ 5:4
250FSB (at 5:4 it will run the ram at 400Mhz :))
1.55V (if it bsods, go up a step etc)
AGP @ 66Mhz (basically just fixed at 66mhz)
PCI @ 33Mhz (basically just fixed at 33mhz)

but 50C for your processor is quite warm for a northwood p4...
what cooling and TIM do you have?

Lucidguy_3000 said:
im running 2 512mb clips of Corsair Value Select DDR400.
Lucid

there is your problem try different ram before i could only get my cpu to 3.1 then it would crash now with my kingston pc4000 i can get 3.5ghz stable.

Lucidguy_3000 said:
There has to be somebody on this forum who uses the 2.6C, right? anyway, any help would be much appreciated!

Doesn't really matter what others experiences are with the 2.6. No CPU is exactly the same. In fact, many can be completely different.

Back