Seeking a AIO cooler 120 mm

fightingfi

2[H]4U
Seeking a AIO cooler 120 mm if possible in the 50 buck range can and will use rebate if not otherwise possible for anew build im thinking of doing with an i7 7700k and z270 mobo tankies in advanced

Could you be convinced to get a big air cooler instead? I think you'll find better performance and less headache with something like a big ol' Noctua.

Of course, be if this is for aesthetic reasons, it can't be helped. :D

best cooling option i can possibly get.........im open to thoughts\opinions :) oh ya the ram is TALL and all 4 dimms will be taken\used btw

If 120mm is the biggest you'll go in an AIO, I'm almost certain that a large Noctua (or similar) cooler will outperform it. Especially at a $50 price point; that'll get you a really dinky AIO, but it'll buy you a pretty respectable air cooler.

I don't have any specific recommendations to make, just forwarding on knowledge I've read elsewhere. Maybe check out some big air before you decide to go with cheap water. =)

120mm CLC will not cool as well as top tier air cooler like R1 Universal, Le Grand Macho RT, but note knowing what case, RAM and motherboard you have makes it difficult to offer suggestions and know they will fit. ;)

thinking about going i7 7700k gigabyte gaming ultra z270, 16 gigs of ram pny anarchy x 2800, antec 1200 case gtx 1070, 27 inch monitor

soooooooooooooooooooo im not really get answers here but more questions about whats your best opinion and recomends for me plz answer questions if you choose to do so and send links thanks I PREFER the AIO plz..............

https://m.newegg.com/ProductList?canPowerSearch=True&powerSearchParams={"CategoryId"%3A11%2C"StoreId"%3A1%2C"SubcategoryId"%3A575%7D&isFirstin=false&description=ftSjvrBECpJbVMpkgPIjAl0nsGLZWNxZHpE344oz%252bRY%253d&storeid=1&categoryid=-1&nodeid=8008&storetype=2&subcategoryid=575&brandid=-1&nvalue=100008008&showseealldeals=False&itemcount=0&issubcategory=true&level=3&Fan%20Size%7C%7C1%20Fan%20Slot%20%28120mm%29=%7C%7C601299798%7C%7CPower&sortField=PRICE

*shrug* Pick a brand and a price you like. At $50, you've only got a few options.

H80i V2 is just about the only 120mm CLC worth getting. Eisbaer 120, if you can deal with an open loop cooler, should be fine as well. Any other 120mm is probably going to be too thin to do jack for you. Unless you have a SFF case that limits your cooler height, get a tower cooler. Scythe Fuma or True Spirit are great options.

Or grab a poo-brown Noctua like every other person out there who wants something that works, doesn't care about cost, and doesn't want to be bothered with homework.

soooooooooooooooooooo im not really get answers here but more questions about whats your best opinion and recomends for me plz answer questions if you choose to do so and send links thanks I PREFER the AIO plz..............
The reason you are not getting answers to just 120mm CLCs is that has been answered. You are asking for more than your pocket is willing to pay and at a guess don't have the knowledge to pick a well balanced group of components, case and coolers.

Using a CLC on a GPU is not just about buying a CLC. You need adapter mounts to put CLC onto GPU as well as heatsinks and fan cooling for everything else on the GPU PCB except the GPU chip.

Also your case choice is not very good and definitley not the best in $200 price range, so if you haven't bought the case I suggest you look at others like Phanteks and Fractal Design.

Basically you are asking for a cooler without having a well balanced component list. Please do not take my blunt post as a put-down. There is nothing wrong with not knowing all the ins and outs of building a good system. We all start knowing nothing and asking questions too. ;)

Back