See-through Glass Keyboard

The trouble is you would be able to tell right away, when someone spilled peanut butter on it.

Female ass or male ass ? (that makes a big difference, least to me. ) . :D

LOL nm, I hit the link in the previous post. All questions are answered except where the power cord gets plugged in.

fuck fuck fuck, I had this idea for years now but had no idea how to go about getting one made and didnt know enough about technology to get one made eh what are ya gonna do right?

too bad it is just touch keys... no pressure to push the keys down like a good keyboard.

With no tactile feedback, I cant imagine the amount of mistakes people would make with this.

perfect keyboard for our alien overlords with flat fingertips and haven't yet mastered the art of typing with more than 1 finger.

but seriously, that looks painful to type on... lol

yass

indeed. I rather use a regular keyboard that gives me a feedback on what I have typed....

So I take it that it's still a concept product? I'd love to get a hold of one just for the cool factor.

your joints must be constantly under strain of you dont press a key to release the pressure. i cant even imagine using this thing.

Given this site is full of guys, imagine how disgusting that keyboard would be in about 6 months.

Defnitley not the keyboard you want to be using while searching pr0n sites.

As awesome as that concept is, I would have to say no. No buttons? I guess you could get used to it. What about carpal tunnel though?

This is no different than the non-tactile feedback iPhone design. It's a matter of getting used to it, and after you get used to it you don't even notice anymore. If the original computer keyboard had been invented without tactile feedback and 30 years later someone came out with a tactile board, everyone would be balking at the idea of actually having to 'push' something down and how much it would slow down their typing...

This is no different than the non-tactile feedback iPhone design. It's a matter of getting used to it, and after you get used to it you don't even notice anymore. If the original computer keyboard had been invented without tactile feedback and 30 years later someone came out with a tactile board, everyone would be balking at the idea of actually having to 'push' something down and how much it would slow down their typing...

Try gaming one one...

The cool thing about this keyboard is that it would be a lot easier to clean (yes, even after browsing pr0n sites).

I e-mailed this around the office. Our company CEO is an old SGI sales guy, and he's a Mac lover (mac=dirty word to me). Email subject line was:

"No-key keyboard...or as I like to call it (my bosses name)'s next gay piece of hardware."

Laughter from all corners of the office when people got to reading it.

also, i really think there is something to be said about feeling the press of the keys beneath your fingers. It's the same concept as playing piano. there is a certain feel to it.

Does this have some sort of pressure barrier you must reach before a character is entered?
Seems like it would cause many mistakes as someone mentioned as you touch many keys that you do not intend to enter(especially when gaming...your fingers hover over WASD).

Does this have some sort of pressure barrier you must reach before a character is entered?
Seems like it would cause many mistakes as someone mentioned as you touch many keys that you do not intend to enter(especially when gaming...your fingers hover over WASD).

I get the impression the glass is just there for show and it's the black bar that detects the position of your fingers (via lazerz). Like those projection keyboards.

I imagine key presses could easily get blocked by fingers on upper keys (W would block S, for example).

cool, i love how theres no buttons to push like a regular keyboard.

The only reason the iPhone touch keyboard works is because the automatic spell correction and key prediction are really good. It would be nearly useless without it.

fuck fuck fuck, I had this idea for years now but had no idea how to go about getting one made and didnt know enough about technology to get one made eh what are ya gonna do right?

i am sure, well obviously, your not the first to think of it.

i BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you apple will buy this design out and you will see it on their next line up...

I don't know, man..... I was using an Atari400 25 years ago that had a flat keyboard with no tactile response. It really sucked ass next to my Vic-20 with a real keyboard. Pretty much everyone who ever used one of these quickly decided that tactile feedback was superior.

Fact: pressing on a hard surface is harder than something that has some tactile response to it.

Just type on your desk for a little bit to see what I mean... Gets mighty uncomfortable mighty quickly.

I should also mention... cell phones and full blown computers are two different things.

Using a touchscreen on a phone is tolerable, I'd say. But no way in hell I'd want to use it full time.

Back