Security cam halp!

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Wife gave me the okie dokie for some cameras after it seems like the whole town got hit last night.
I have a T30 to use for storage purposes.

Looking for recs on two cameras with some decent night performance, software, etc... I would like to be able to see faces if possible. I'm not wanting to spend a ton, not looking for a high end system, just something enough to aid the cops. Camera size isn't an issue(within limits lol).

I just installed 2 Ubiquiti UVC-G3 this past weekend. I think the video quality is very good and the software is pretty good as well. They use the Ubiquiti weird 24v POE so they didn't work with my HP 3500yl POE switch, but the cameras each came with its own POE injector, so it was more of a minor inconvenience than a major breaking point.

I just installed 2 Ubiquiti UVC-G3 this past weekend. I think the video quality is very good and the software is pretty good as well. They use the Ubiquiti weird 24v POE so they didn't work with my HP 3500yl POE switch, but the cameras each came with its own POE injector, so it was more of a minor inconvenience than a major breaking point.

I am considering these for sure. I need to figure out how to mount outdoors now

I am considering these for sure. I need to figure out how to mount outdoors now

My house is older with painted cedar siding. In addition, I only installed 2 cameras on the garage, so all I had to do was pick up a long drill bit to drill though the garage and siding and I didnt have to worry about fucking up any internal drywall. Otherwise I was going to be climbing through the attic. and I hate that shit. But eventually I will add more cameras and will have to.

Back