securing sponsorships

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
This is something i have wondered about for a long time. How do those who get sponsors procure them? How much help do they give you? Ive always felt that im not doing anything good enough to ask anyone about a sponsorship but ive seen some really janky builds that secure sponsors so im kinda curious about it to see if it is something i want to actually explore.

Generally it's going to be about whether or not the company feels like they can leverage you for marketing or not. If the amount of reach you have is enough for them to get a multiplicative investment for sending you a case or whatever they're much more likely to do it. But to do that you have to have the track record first.
It's basically the whole Instagram influencer thing. This is why they get paid. If you have 250k people looking at your work as an example that's likely plenty to have whoever take a look at you. Then you'd just contact their marketing department and tell them what you'd like to do and negotiate what for what you want.

Hardware review sites as an example rarely just start getting free stuff until they can show they have a consistent viewer base. You could always ask someone like Dan or Kyle for more info.

makes sense. I went back and looked and some of the ones i was shocked about do have a reputation.

I was sponsored by Swiftech a few years ago (2010/2011?) I offered a good project statement, showed the beginning of my work, included my list of past worklogs (at the time) and offered to review the products I was given. As you would in a job interview, I asked questions, and engaged the rep I was speaking with; I had a lovely experience doing it.

Just have a unique use-case to use the products you want to be sponsored with.

Back