Secret Ports on Gamecube

Not secret (obviously made to access and sold customer device for) but still awesome, imo (for someone that did not knew about them) specially the gameboy extension (which I imagine would not have been easy to play on a tv for many at the time).

Surprised the digital A/V output wasn't mentioned. Most people I talk to don't know about it since the component cables needed to be ordered directly from Nintendo and it got removed on model DOL-101 for some reason. All early Gamecube games supported progressive scan by holding the 'B' button when turning the console on.

Surprised the digital A/V output wasn't mentioned. Most people I talk to don't know about it since the component cables needed to be ordered directly from Nintendo and it got removed on model DOL-101 for some reason. All early Gamecube games supported progressive scan by holding the 'B' button when turning the console on.
had that too :)
kinda regert sellin all of it, only have a wave bird left...

I looked them up on eBay and my god those cables are expensive now. I'll be holding on to them for a while longer :LOL:

I seem to recall those cables also work on the SNES and N64

I still have my original purple one. It's a shame TVs don't come with real component inputs anymore.
So... that gamecube output is actually a digital output, it should be possible to go to HDMI rather than component (although either way, looks spendy now)

The digital output was component IIRC - I didn't have one of the digital out versions, but I remember looking it up.

They are apparently incredibly expensive on eBay now, like $350.

The official Dreamcast ethernet NIC is godly expensive now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
please stop. youre makin me cry. i sold all my gc stuff before it shot up, got less than $200CAN.
I sold my George Foreman launch edition PS3 with the original box, manual, and controller a few years ago for cheap. I know in a few years when that generation gets nostalgic the price is going to shoot up. Lesson is never sell your game consoles if you have the storage room. :( If you happen to still have a N64, check if it still works for a few minutes. My launch unit started randomly rebooting. Early units are notoriously finicky as they age.

Phantasy star online.

Quake on Dreamcast was interesting as well. Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Ratio, Space Channel 5, Shenmu, Powerstone, and on and on. Also Dreamcast because it was the same hardware as the Atomiswave and Naomi arcade boards Sega created had direct 1 to 1 versions of a lot of Sega and Capcom games. The ports based off other hardware were the best versions of them out there. Even SNK got in on it.

Quake on Dreamcast was interesting as well. Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Ratio, Space Channel 5, Shenmu, Powerstone, and on and on. Also Dreamcast because it was the same hardware as the Atomiswave and Naomi arcade boards Sega created had direct 1 to 1 versions of a lot of Sega and Capcom games. The ports based off other hardware were the best versions of them out there. Even SNK got in on it.
There was a port of Skies of Arcadia on Gamecube that is really good. Everything on that version is improved aside from the fact they had to remove the minigame that was played on the Dreamcast controller.

There was a port of Skies of Arcadia on Gamecube that is really good. Everything on that version is improved aside from the fact they had to remove the minigame that was played on the Dreamcast controller.
That's right! Also Grandia II which has a really good steam remaster

Literally just obtained one and put a GCHD on it. Also, a GCloader.

I hate my Dreamcast. Don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.
Fur Fighters

I sold mine at a Rummage Sale 10 years ago wish I kept it.
I bought it for 100.00 clearance at Walmart I think or slightly more.

Back