Secret of Mana remake PS4, PS Vita, PC Feb. 15, 2018

Q-BZ

Fully [H]
as happy as i was to hear aboot it im a little disappointed. it looks like it was developed for the vita and ported. could have/should have looked better...

Reactions: blkt
like this
The Original was just Blury to me I played it not the entire game though. I think my brother finished it on SNES.

$40 and only local co-op...hmm. Probably wait for a sale but it looks pretty promising.

Vita's only dead outside of Japan (I import a few games a month; making time to play them...that's a different story), but this is great news for the U.S. market. I never really got a chance to play this, so pretty excited.

the original is one of my favorite games of all time. This game looks to make it look to cute for my tastes. I guess I will wait and see.

If this is well done, I'm onboard without a doubt, on PC. Would be nice to see Win/Mac/Linux.

The issues I have at current are the local co-op only issue, lack of Win/Mac/Linux support, and lastly the price which seems a little high but if they revolved the prior two issues I'd easily pay $40 for a well crafted remake. I have to give them credit for full Japanese voice though - that's edging me closer to a buy! The original SNES cart had "local co-op", but decades have passed; its time for both local and Internet co-op options. These days lots of people may want to share the co-op fun of Secret of Mana and I don't think its too much to ask for a $40 title to offer Internet (especially with Steamworks, PSN etc.) play.

I am also a little concerned about the music. They stated that its a brand new soundtrack in a article I read instead of it being updated. Secret of Mana is one of my all time favorite soundtracks. I really hope this turned out good since I have waited 20 years for this.

The graphics are really bad. This looks like the Final Fantasy remakes on the DS. Nowhere near what the Vita can do.

I'm not interested in another iOS-style Square remake.

I'll stick with the original, thanks.

I will.. play this. I'm a big fan of the original. But there needs to be some sort of bonus content, not stupid dlc skins.

Not for $39.99...I'd have been a customer for like, $10. Maybe.

Back