Secondary bios reflash (970 SSC acx 2.0+)

Raendor

Gawd
Hello guys, I need some help with bios flash. I've recently tried to flash some different bios on my 970 and it did go that well. Obviously, I worked not with the main but the secondary bios, which I switched to before trying anything. However my attempt was not successful and my display was not showing anything after restart, so I switched back to the main bios. I did a backup copy of secondary bios before the failure so I'm wondering now, how can I reflash back my secondary bios? BTW will it switch if I flip the switch on the pcb from main bios to secondary while being already in Windows?

Thanks guys, any help will be much appreciated.

I wouldn't use the bios switch when the PC is on. I'm pretty sure to reflash your secondary bios you may have to create a boot disk and do it in DOS. Though I was able to flash my 770's in windows.

nvflash --list
to see what cards you have and what index they've been assigned

nvflash --index=x bios.rom
to flash to a specific card in a multicard system, where x is the index number from the nvflash --list command

nvflash -f bios.rom
to force flashing, you probably don't need this

I think you have to do a blind flash.

Do you have an iGPU? If you do, you can switch the monitor to the MB's port and change the primary GPU used in the BIOS. Windows should recognise your new settings and use the display properly.

Back