Second Monitor Advice

Spun Ducky

Gawd
So I currently have a HP omen 32 monitor as my main and I was using a 43" 4k tv as a side monitor. I have come to the situation that the 4k was too big for my desk and my girlfriend needed a new tv for her office so I am giving it to her.

I am torn between just getting another HP omen 32 or looking at a 34/35 inch 21:9 monitor as my side monitor. So I wanted to see what everyones opinions are for a second monitor. I do programming, web browsing , watch movies, and gaming for use cases if that helps.

2 monitors are not good for Eyefinity/nvSurround as the bezel in the middle is annoying - kind of like driving a F1 car.

That means another Omen isn't really necessary. If you were getting 2x more monitors to go surround *THEN* a pair of Omens would be the smart move.

Since you will be gaming the 34" ultrawide screen would give you the maximum flexibility, especially if you get Freesync/Gsync (depends on your GPU).

Mind you it was stated the 43" was too big for your desk, the 34" ultrawide isn't going to help much unless the space issue is vertical not horizontal - the 34" is only about 6" narrower unless you get a curved version.

If you go curved 34" you might want to make it the primary monitor as it might be hard to set up the angle correctly to view without distortion when used as secondary.

Back