Second GTX 260 or a Q9550?

SDMorris

Gawd
Hey everyone. I felt like getting something for my computer, and I want to upgrade either one of these two things, my processor, or buy a second graphics card for SLI. I currently have a Q6600 B3 at 3.0GHz at 1.39 Vcore, and a GTX 260 with 700/1475/1260 clocks. Now my question is, would buying a second graphics card and OC'ing it, or would buying a Q9550 and overclocking it to say 3.4GHz give me better benchmarking results? I think a second GPU would, but can my current processor handle it without bottlenecking? Or would a Q9550 make me happier? Thanks!

If you want to improve e-peen numbers you should get a 45nm dual core and oc that to 4Ghz and oc your single 260 imo.

Before I can officially voice my opinion and say that I would either buy the CPU or GPU I would like to know what games/programs you are trying to get the most performance out of.

You did not mention what size monitor either. And i dont see anything in your sig. A better purchase would be a 24" monitor if you dont already have one.

I dont know how you didnt see that in my sig, it says HP w2207 22". Me and my buddy like to have benchmarking wars in 3D06 and Vantage, so thats what im shooting for here. Kuyaglen, I cant push my GPU any further at this point. Although, I considered an e8500. Good choice?

if your looking at games then the second card. benchmarks I don't know why you would care but the CPU would be better. but really 3gh Q6600 is fine most anything. for an actual system upgrade I would be looking at a better / bigger monitor. what you have is pretty good for your screen size already.

Back